let me love you. [K.H]

a/n: y'all knew it was gonna be about klaus KDNDNNS
warnings ig?: s2 spoiler

-

the year was 2006. it had been days since ben had passed but it felt like years. y/n and klaus took a hard blow because of this and both were helping each other cope.

the pair were laying on klaus' bed, talking about the recent events. "it's not fair. he was my best friend." y/n spoke, her gaze on the ceiling above.

"i know it isn't.." klaus spoke, turning over on his side to face her. y/n also turned over to face the boy, frowning a bit.

"i'm just glad he didn't tell anyone my secrets." y/n huffed. klaus nodded. "good thing we know each other's secrets already."

y/n panicked slightly and so did klaus. both had been keeping one big secret from each other. their feelings for each other.

the pair had only told ben. but since he was dead, neither of them had anyone to vent to about their feelings

-

the year was now 2019, and the pair still hadn't known. and they hadn't talked in 4 and a half years. until one night.

klaus stumbled onto the doorstep and knocked in 2s before y/n answered. she surveyed the boy before pulling him into a hug.

"where the fuck have you been?" she mumbled i to his shoulder. "i don't know..around i guess.." he slurred. "are you high?"

klaus laughed slightly, nodding. y/n invited him in, sitting on the couch. y/n patted a spot next to her and he sat down.

"why are you here?" y/n asked, placing her hand on his. she couldn't help it. she just needed to do it.

"i was thinking about you and shit. and i just missed you." klaus admitted. y/n smiled. "i missed you, too. it's been way too long."

ben shook his head. "can't you just ask her out? you still love her." klaus sighed. "ben-! not right now." he spat. "bens still here?" y/n asked, giggling softly.

"he never leaves. he basically forced me here because i'm too high to go anywhere else." klaus confessed. y/n nodded her head.

"i still smoke pot. so i understand." she spoke, placing her hand on his face. "get to the point, klaus." ben whispered.

"that's not really why i came here.." he laughed. "oh?" y/n questioned. "i still love you." klaus spat out. y/n felt her face turn red, and she looked away.

"i still love you, too, klaus. i mean i always have. we're best friends." klaus shook his head. "it's not like that y/n! it was never like that. i'm in love with you. why don't you get it."

y/n shook her head. "how can you love me?" she laughed. "i'm in love with you too, klaus, but how can you even stand me?."

klaus looked at y/n. "you're...you're perfect. you're so kind. and...sweet and you make my heart race everytime i see you. you're the reason i tried to stay clean. then you were gone. and i-"

"klaus...i love you. okay?" y/n smiled, rustling his hair softly. klaus smiled back, leaning their foreheads together.

"thank you, ben."

-
i've been working on this for four days and i jsut don't have motivation to write and i have no fuckin ideas for this book besides the one about my other oc, brooklyn, so that's wonderful.