~Chapter 39~

Donovan's pov:

Shit. No no no, she wasn't supposed to find out!

Keeping my eyes locked on hers the whole time, I push my way past the people trying to talk to me and walk over to where she's standing; still frozen in place. With my hands held up in a surrendering notion, I approach the small beautiful girl hoping that she'll give me a chance to explain. I don't even spare a glance at Isaiah next to us, who's watching curiously but not daring to speak.

"Princess, before you say anything please let me-" I'm cut off by her sweet giggle. My brain is trying to comprehend how she thinks this is funny, but I'm not given much time to do so because she runs into my arms and hugs me around the neck, catching me off guard.

 My brain is trying to comprehend how she thinks this is funny, but I'm not given much time to do so because she runs into my arms and hugs me around the neck, catching me off guard

"Woah there baby" I nearly topple over with her on me but manage to stay balanced.

"You won Donnie! You won!" Sophie tells me happily, not even realizing that she shouldn't be here right now. Especially because the type of people that come to these events are quick to damage anything good that enters their line of sight. How could Isaiah bring her to a place like this? How stupid is he?

"Yeah love, I know" one of my hands goes to hold the back of her head while the other tightens it's grip around her waist.

I take a look around over her shoulder to see if any of these drunk assholes are checking her out. Thankfully nobody seems to be focused on us and move on to get prepared for the next race. From the corner of my eye, I notice Nathan grabs Isaiah's shoulder and talk to him quietly, looking at little pissed at his teammate.

"Congratulations! That was so awesome!" she's says into my neck, out of breath. I guess Sophie got so excited that it's wearing her out. Her chest moves in a pace that's too quick for her body so I attempt to get Sophie to relax before she hurts herself.

"Hey let's take a slow deep breath together, okay?" Nodding, she follows my example of taking a slow inhale and holding for a second before slowly releasing it.

"Better?" I ask after a few moments of her repeating the action.

"Mhm, lots. Now tell me how it felt being in that car! Was it super fun? Oh, can I go in one too?! I promise to keep my seatbelt on and-"

As she continues with her adorable ranting, I decide that it's best if we take this conversation else where and not near the starting line. Hoisting her body up a little to make sure she doesn't slip off, I grab the back of her legging covered thighs and start walking towards the two guys arguing by the side of the bleachers.

"Please Donnie?" She plays with the hair at the nape of my neck, causing a tingle to run down my back.

"What's that, baby?"

Pulling her head away to get a better look at my face, Sophie's lips pout at my response. "Donovan Costa, were you not listening to me this whole time?"