~Chapter 25~

Donovan's Pov:

It's been a week since I've seen her. The last time I got to look at that beautiful face of hers was when she ran out of the cafeteria crying and nobody knew where she went. I was going to follow her but the guys advised me not to and that they'd check on her for me. I was worried sick the whole day until finally around 9pm, Nathan texted me that she was fine and at home.

But if she was fine, why has she been gone for a whole week?

Oliver and Nate have been acting strange this entire time too and I know they're keeping something from me. What it is... I'm not sure but I think it has to do with Sophie.

These past couple of days have been filled with me sulking around the house, going to class but not paying attention, racing for money, and thinking nonstop about her. I can't count how many times I've driven past her house and stopped a few away just to contemplate going up and knocking on her door. It doesn't help that Nate and Oliver avoid talking about her in front of me either. At least if they said something regarding what she's doing lately, then I'd feel less stuck in the dark.

It's the fact that I have nothing to show me that she's doing okay that's driving me insane.

"Tonight on NHK News, we're talking about the recent case of Charles Hamer, a wealthy businessman who was arrested eight days ago for raping two young women."

The tv catches my attention and I sit up from my laying position on the couch. My bag of chips that I was munching on is now left discarded on the coffee table in front of me.

"Hamer was found buying alchohol at the Andrew's Liquor Store just hours after he raped 17 year old Crystal Jameson and 16 year old Sophia Gonzales. Officers say-"

My heart stopped as the words left the news reporter's mouth. Raped? My beautiful Sophie was raped eight days ago? This can't be happening...

"The victims were able to give very detailed descriptions of Hamer and the police were quick to catch him. Sophie Gonzales hasn't been able to be reached for an interview but we did manage to get in touch with Crystal Jameson who was more than willing to tell her side of the story."

Just then a teenage girl with short blonde hair came up on screen and began sharing what happened to her. The entire time I couldn't take my eyes of the screen as my mind was trying to process the fact that something similar happened to Sophia. Listening to Crystal's explanation of her rape made my stomach churn and I had a hard time hearing the detailed description of what her attacker did to her.

This girl was so brave being able to tell everyone what she went through and I commend her for it but just the thought of my princess experiencing this kills me.

"Thank you for your time Crystal. I'm so sorry you became a victim of this awful crime." The screen changes from the interview back to the previous news lady. "Hamer is yet to stand trial but the court date is to be set tomorrow afternoon where the two young women will be present to prosecute him. That's all for now, let's move on to Adam with the weather report."

I shut the tv off and grab my keys from the table. Hastily, I put on my shoes and lock the front door behind me as I leave the house. I need to see her. I have to know how she's doing and pray what the news said isn't true. It can't be.

This is why the guys were acting differently, they knew the whole time and didn't tell me. That's why she's been gone for a week. Sophie's in hiding from people who will try and shove a camera in her face. My poor girl...

I speed down the streets in my car, hoping to get there faster and hold her in my arms. But would she even let me come inside? Or even want to see me? Who cares, I need to know she's alright even if she can't stand to be near me right now.