~Chapter 17~

When I woke up this morning after having my normal night terrors but calming myself down before I could get a panic attack, I thought I was gonna have a great day.

But nope. Nuh uh.

Instead I show up to school with a smile on my face ready to greet Donnie with a kiss, but much to my surprise, I can't kiss him...

Because he's beat up!

"What h-happened?!" I stand on my tip toes to caress the non injured side of his face.

"It's okay princess. It looks worse than it actually feels" Donovan tries to comfort me but I'm not having any of it. Not with how bruised he is.

"No Donovan. T-tell me how this happened" I put on a stern face to show him I'm being serious.

I hear Nate chuckle beside me and I send him a glare. He stops and looks down at his feet. Oliver opens his mouth to speak but I hold a hand up and he hesitates before shutting his mouth and leaning against the locker next to me.

I look up at Donnie expectantly, "well? I'm w-waiting."

He sighs and runs a hand through his hair before looking at me. It makes me sad that I can only see one caramel eye instead of two. Of all the times in my life that I've seen bruises, these even though they're not my own, have caused me the most pain.

"Nate, Oliver, and I were out walking when a drunk man got angry for no reason and attacked me. They got him off me before more damage was done" he confesses.

"Why w-would he do that?" I pout while rubbing my thumb under his good eye. Donnie gently grabs both my wrists and brings them to his chest where his heart is.

"I don't know baby. He was just really intoxicated and wanted to get his anger out on something. But I'm okay I promise."

"Pinky?"

He smiles as much as he can without hurting his lip, "pinky." I'm pulled into his chest in a tight hug that makes me feel a little better.

"How bad does it h-hurt?" My voice comes out muffled being enveloped in his body.

"It's manageable" he responds and I pull back to check out the injuries some more.

"Yeah honey. Don's a big boy. He can handle a couple of punches" Nathan says. I look between him and Oliver for a moment before thanking them for getting the man off Donnie.

"No problem sunshine"
"It's all good" they say simultaneously.

"You know wh-what this means right?" I look back at my bruised boyfriend with an upset expression.

"What?" He asks warily.

"No more kisses until y-your lip is healed."

Nathan and Oliver burst out laughing as Donovan's mouth falls open in shock. "Wha-...but.. why?" He asks with a hurt tone in his voice that makes my heart clench.

"Because I don't w-want you to hurt yourself" I explain but he doesn't approve as he grabs my waist and he pins me against the lockers behind me. I look to Nate and Oliver for help but i realize they're already gone and I'm left alone with a tense Donnie. I gulp nervously as he leans his head down to make his lips level with my ear.

"Don't you think it's up to me whether I decide if I can kiss you or not?" His breath send tingles throughout my body. Not knowing what to say I close my eyes and take deep breaths. I feel him kiss the shell of my ear softly then nibble on it making me gasp.

"What makes you think I can control myself around you when you're so fucking tempting. Huh baby? You think a cut on my lip can stop me from showering you with affection?"