~Chapter 14~

To say that Jesse was both very angry and worried would be a big understatement. My brother was all over the place when we told him about what Kole did to me. I was worried that he would pop a vein from how mad he got when I showed him all the bruises and the unwanted hickies on my neck.

I was going to leave out the part where Kole grabbed my rear, but Nate spilled the beans on that one real quick. I spent that evening sitting on the counter stool with Donnie's arms wrapped around my waist as the other two boys explained everything to my brother and eventually had to get him to calm down.

Jay jay was pleased to hear that Kole was already arrested and never getting near me again. A couple kisses to the top of my head, cheek, and forehead from my brother later, he made my boys promise to protect me.

They all agreed obviously and once it all simmered down, the boys watched tv as I sat on the floor in front of the coffee table, doing my homework. Jesse said he was going to the gym to let off some steam and made me double check to lock the doors and windows.

After that, I fell asleep with my head on the coffee table and a pencil in my hand. I woke up this morning warm in my bed and a note from Donovan telling me that he completed my work for me and that they left soon after he put me in my room.

I'm now sitting in an uncomfortable desk chair listening to my math teacher talk about her failed marriage for the tenth time this month. I feel bad for her but I'd prefer not to relive the part where she burns his clothes in their chimney again.

I check the time on my phone sneakily before I get caught to find that I have 15 minutes to go and a text from Donnie. It's not exactly ideal for me to answer right now so I leave it be and put my attention back on the teacher.

Being completely honest, my mind hasn't stopped thinking about Donovan's confession last night. Of all the pretty girls in this school, he chose me. A smile makes it's way to my lips just thinking about me and Donnie being in a relationship. But then it falters when I think about all the things that could go wrong between us. What if I'm too much for him to handle? What if we're kissing or something and he wants to go further but I'm not ready?

What if he finds someone better?

The bell rings loudly, meaning I just spent 15 minutes freaking out over the boy with caramel eyes. I take my time putting my things back into my bag then walk to my locker. Math was actually my last class of the day and now I have to get dressed for ballet practice. At lunch earlier, nothing was awkward between the two of us but that's just because we spent the whole time laughing at Nathan trying to flirt with a girl at the table diagonal from us. Poor boy can't win over the ladies no matter how hard he tries.

I close my locker after switching my school bag for my dance one and head towards the ballet studio. "Hey Sophie! Wait up" I hear a soft high pitched voice from behind me. I stop and turn around for Lilly to catch up.

 I stop and turn around for Lilly to catch up