Chapter 4.1

Lin Ai sits down with a blank look. He just stood there, not moving a single bit. Enma looks at him in worry. "Host?" As if the voice broke him from his trance, Lin Ai's lips started trembling. He bites his lips as he falls to the ground. His body shook as he huddled right there and then. He cries silently to himself. Enma turns into his humanoid form and walks towards Lin Ai. "Host, it's okay. It's not your fault." Enma says as he crouches down next to his host.

     Lin Ai's body flinches as he was hugged from behind, but this doesn't stop his tears. He turns around and cries into Enma's shoulder. Enma just sits there as he rubs his host's back. "Don't worry host, he'll be fine. Okay?" Lin Ai keeps crying silently into Enma as he nods hesitantly. Enma just sat and patted his back until his host fell asleep. When Enma knew that his host had fallen asleep, he stood up and carried his host. One of the cubes came down and turned into a bed. Enma gently puts Lin Ai into the bed and covers him with a blanket.

     "Will he be okay?" YouRin asks as he appears with a worried expression. Enma turns around and nods.

     "My host will be fine. He is strong and I believe in him." Enma says confidently as he walks over to YouRin and leans into his shoulder. He sighs as he relaxed himself. "Let me lean on you for a bit." YouRin nods a bit and lets him be there for a bit.

________________________________________________________________________________

     Lin Ai woke up from his sleep. He felt empty after all the crying he did. He then realized he was lying in a bed, and tried to figure out how he got there. Memories of what had happened came to him. He blushed in embarrassment as he realized he cried to one of his systems, and that the other one was probably watching as well. He groaned as he covered his face in embarrassment.

     "Is there something wrong host?"

     Lin Ai almost jumped out of bed in shock. He looks back to see Enma, in his orb form, floating behind him. Lin Ai lets out the breath that he held from shock. YouRin then appears in his orb form as well. "Host, are you ready for the next world? If not we can hold it off for a bit." YouRin said with a worried look.

     "I'm fine now. There's nothing to be worried about. I'm ready for the next world." Lin Ai said as he got up. "What's the next world?"

     "The next world host is historical this time. This world has three genders; Male, Female, and Ger." YouRin said as he gave up trying to persuade his host to rest. "The MC of this world is Li Feng. Li Feng was an orphan and grew up in poverty. He had to suffer from hunger and many hardships. But it all changed one day when a man showed up and claimed that he was a descendant of the Luo royal family. The people of the Luo Kingdom have long been forgotten after the war with an enemy, the Chen Kingdom. Li Feng was taken in and trained to bring back the Luo Kingdom. He grew stronger and gathered many allies. He fought many battles and subdued the Chen Kingdom, bringing the Luo Kingdom back. After he became emperor though, Li Feng found out that he never had any Luo blood in him. The man that had taken in Li Feng, was only using him. Li Feng was killed afterward and the man became emperor. Li Feng was only a pawn. He was used till the very end."

     "The character that host will be taking on is Luo BingHua, the actual Luo descendant. There was a traitor in the Luo Court. His whole family was massacred when he was just 7. His personal guard was only able to save him. The guard was seriously injured and became blind afterward. BingHua was able to grow up to 17, but the assassins found him again. This time, they didn't fail to kill him and his blind guard." Enma said to Lin Ai. "Host may choose two of the following skills: [Assassination], [Cooking], [Martial Art], [Acupuncture], [Art of Seduction], and [Painting]."

     "Also, your points are still 3,480. The amount that you had spent, added up to the amount that you earned Host." Said YouRin.

     Lin Ai hums to himself as he thinks about the option. in the end, he chose [Acupuncture] and [Martial Arts]. A cube came down like usual and Lin Ai entered it.

________________________________________________________________________________

     Enma and YouRin look up from their game of chess, as Lin Ai comes back out from the portal. Their host seemed to have fully recovered so they smiled at him. "And that's checkmate again," YouRin said while giving a smug look. Lin Ai chuckles at their antics.

"Alright, I'm ready." Lin Ai said as he took a deep breath.

_____________________________________________________________________________

     Lin Ai woke up and stared at the ceiling with a blank face, as he received the memories. The body was already 17 and the assassins will be attacking them in 2 weeks. As Lin Ai was thinking about what to do, there was a knock on the door. "Your Highness, it's time for dinner. Please come out and eat. You mustn't keep this up any longer." A female voice sounded out from behind the door. It was probably his blind guard. The voice was filled with warmth and worry, as they spoke from behind the door.

     Luo BingHua had still been mourning his family's death till now. He was traumatized ever since he saw his family massacred. Lin Ai looks at the pale and skinny hand that belonged to the body. He sighs at them in pity. He got up and went to open the door. As he opened the door, Lin Ai was met with a woman with long white hair, with a bandage around her eyes. She was dressed in regular and worn attire. She was a bit shocked and happy that her master finally opened his doors and was willing to see her.

     It worried her heart for so many years that her master might not make it. She led him to the small kitchen to eat. After living in the small cottage for so long, she memorized everything in place. Her skill as a bodyguard of the Luo royals was top-notch. She was trained to be able to protect them, no matter if she was blind or disabled. Neither of them talked while eating. There was no noise, but it somehow didn't feel as awkward as she thought it would.

     "HuaLin." Lin Ai says her name as he sets his chopsticks down. HuaLin froze in her action. Finally hearing her master call her name after so long made her tear up a bit.

     "Yes, Your Highness?" She answers him back as she kneels.

     "Pack up. We are leaving this place in a week."

________________________________________________________________________________