🎊 ~ Congradulations ~ 🎊

^ 🖤
——

You were absolutely crushing on the cute guy in your grade, Quinton Griggs, but you never did anything about it, I mean why would you? You guys were friends, nothing too special. You said "hi" in the hallways and you made small talk in class, but that was the extent of you interactions.

It was your senior year of high school and then after that you'd probably never see each other again. What's the point of starting something that was going to be over in a matter of months.

Finally, it was graduation day. You had worn your favorite dress and placed on your robe and cap.

"Let me take pictures!" your mom said. Three hundred photos later, she finally finished and you guys drove to your graduation ceremony.

"You ready?" She asked.

"Oh yeah," you smiled and made your way to where the other seniors were lined up. You were lined up in alphabetical order. Your last name started with a G, so Quinton was right in front of you.

"Hey," he smiled at you.

"Hey," you smiled back.

"You nervous?"

"A little, but I'm more excited," you said. "How about you?"

"Excited, just totally not looking forward to this boring ceremony," he rolled his eyes with a playful smile. There was an edge to his words but I ignored it. It's probably nothing.

I chuckled and shook my head. We were all facing our parents. It was kind of weird actually. They were all staring and taking pictures of us.

As the principal started the ceremony by welcoming the parents, Quinton's leg started bouncing up and down. He was getting some weird looks from other kids in our class since it was shaking our seats.

I glanced over at him and he gulped.

"What's wrong?" I whispered.

He gave an unconvincing smile and ran a hand through his hair, "crowd anxiety. I don't like people looking at me. And there's a lot of people here."

He ran his palms over his knees and leaned back in his chair.

"Here," I whispered. "Hold my hand."

He looked at me, surprised.

"My little brother has anxiety, just trust me," I told him. He sighed and linked his fingers through mine. I moved my thumb back and forth across the back of his hand.

He noticeably relaxed and stopped bouncing his legs as much.

Four years later was the next time I saw Quinton. He showed up at my college graduation. I came off the stage after receiving my diploma and there he was, waiting for me.

"Hey, I don't know if you remember me-"

"Quinton?"

His dark hair was longer now. It parted in the middle and fell like curtains down the sides of his face.

"You do."

"Of course I do," I smiled through my shock. "What are you doing here?"

"I-I've been looking for you actually," he rubbed the back of his neck nervously. "Ever since our high school graduation. You left before I could say thank you, you know, for what you did... and I've been trying to find you ever since. No one knew where you went."

"Yeah, I was kind of a loner in high school," I blushed and tucked a piece of hair behind my ear. "You spent four years looking for me just to say thank you?"

"Well that and I couldn't stop thinking about you. It's like I needed to find you again," he stepped closer to me. "I know this is probably really weird but..."

"It's not," I said, "it's actually kind of... romantic."

He blushed and looked down, shoving his hands in his pockets.

"So what now..."

"Can I take you on a date?"

"Yes," I giggled.