"There's no need to be defensive, but sure. Let me rephrase it, then. He was one of the reasons."

"You're so annoying."

"You often forget that I'm older than you."

"By twenty six minutes. Okay," I nonchalantly answered and set my gaze back at the screen of my laptop.

"But on a serious note, why is it still him? I mean, it's been three years since you've been in the same place, and I don't blame him if he doesn't remember you. Med school was big and there were a lot of people in his circle except you. Plus, you only had the same class with him once."

It was a huge blow to my ego. My chest heaved in anger, because as much as I didn't want to admit it, Jimin was telling the truth. But it was impossible not to recall even a speck of my existence! Although our campus was massive and it was hard to place every Medicine student, forgetting me was a thing of absurdity! Modesty aside, I was the kind of girl who turned heads and was spared second glances. There was no way Jungkook never noticed me back in college. For all I knew, he might have secretly asked for my name then. And didn't my own name even ring a bell? I seriously reckoned that wasn't true.

I never chased a man, but if he was being like this, I might make a way and he could not dam me up.

I looked up at my brother and began to rant, "How could he forget my face? We were stuck in the same university for six years. Though we never spoke to each other properly, I walked past him in the hallways, sometimes in library, and we even took one class together. You know that I won't be able to take that, especially when I always liked him since first year."

He leaned back in his chair, groaning. "You're so whiny! He's not even that handsome."

"Can you hear yourself? He's a perfect, eligible bachelor."

"You make Jeon Jungkook sound like a prince. He's nothing different. His poop stinks so bad like everyone else's!"

"Get out of my face."

"Listen to me, okay? Don't you realize it's a hopeless case? We're turning thirty next year and you're still stuck over that guy. Wake up, Soohyun."

"Don't you dare remind me that." I felt like crying when it dawned on me that I was actually going to be in my thirties soon, and I hadn't still been involved in a serious relationship. Some of my colleagues were either married or engaged, while I was single and loveless! It was so unfair thinking that I looked better than all of them, yet they found their match earlier than I did.

Well, I actually found the perfect guy.

But he was blind.

I pined for Jeon Jungkook since med school. I never confessed because I was waiting for him to make advances. Which he never did, by the way. I disregarded every suitor who came in the way because I believed only Jungkook deserved me. And I also deserved the best.

Apparently, he was the only best choice I had in mind.

Through the years, I had my eyes on him and I didn't look for anyone. The thing that at least connected me to Jungkook after we graduated and parted ways was his Instagram account. He was popular there so I didn't slide in his DMs. I wanted every interaction to be done in personal, and this was the best chance I could get.

It was now or never.

"Just focus on your residency. Who knows? Someone better than him will come and try with you."

I perfectly knew my residency was my sole priority... but I could multitask, right?