Chapter 8: Back On Galactic Quests

"So we're both jedi now..." Rey said as she climbed down the ramp, and into the light of dawn.

"So it seems. Who would have imagined me being a jedi?" he smiled.

"Me. But that won't stop my feelings." She said as she approached him and took his hand. "As you said before, there has to be a way."

  And at the same time, they leaned forward and kissed. Ben's hand went up to cup Rey's cheek, the other around her waist. She did not know why she did that, yet she had felt the need to.

   "What are we, Ben?" Rey said as they broke apart, and placed her forehead against his.

   Her voice was small, thin, as if she could voice all the uneasiness he felt.

   "I don't know, Rey." he caressed her cheek. "But we'll figure it out, I promise."

   She closed her eyes. She knew just too well what she wanted; to have a family, to go somewhere and live far, far away from troubles and dangers. But there was more to do before that. She could always feel Ben's remorse, his burning desire to make up to his parents, to all the people he had wronged. And she would help him.

   Suddenly, both of them were caught in a big, furry embrace.

   "Raaaawwrghh!" Chewie roared as he held the two people he loved close.

   Rey laughed in his chest as the wookie pressed her harder against him and Ben.

   "We're sorry that we can't take you, Chewie." She said.

   And then a different sound interrupted them as BB-8 hit against Rey's legs.

   "Ah, little one. You're to stay with Chewie u til we're back."

   He made a disappointed beep.

   "But it's a mission we have to go on alone." Ben completed for her. "And someone needs to stay with the ship in this place full of thieves."

   Chewie nodded and let them go, and BB-8 finally approved, visibly upset. Rey smiled one more time at him, before she and Ben headed for the forests they were going to walk through as they climbed the mountain.

   It was cool under the thick roof of the leaves that shielded them from the sun. And green. Rey looked up at the sun that protruded through the green cover like molten gold.

   And Ben couldn't help but notice the same nuances in her eyes. They deflected that bright green, and gold flecks borders them.

   "When the war is over, and if I make it out alive, I want to live in a place like this." She said.

   "You will."

   "But how long does it take to the caves, Ben?"

   "Nearly a day, if we take our speeders." and saying that, he stopped all of a sudden. "Rey, we forgot the speeders."

   She rolled her eyes. "Good it isn't too late."

   They hurried back and mounted the two speeders. It was true that Rey would have preferred to walk, had it taken them even a week. Being there under them trees made her feel like home.

   "Ready to go, Skywalker?" Ben joked.

   "Sure, Solo!" she smirked back and flew away, with Ben right behind her.

   Her hair snapped in the wind against her neck, and the flaps of cloth strapped at her waist flew in the wind.

   She glanced back one more time to look for Ben. Good, she thought as she saw him and gave him a warm, gentle smile. And she increased the speed even more, but he caught up.