The playfulness in Madame Sinclair's face disappeared as her eyebrow began to raise from its rested spot.

"Whose this person that said you could help me, when I already have the best group of women that can take anybody down, by the snap of their fingers?" She leant in closer to her desk, cocking her head to the side. "And whose this common interest that we both have because let's face it, you're not on my level."

Muerte could feel his face scrunching up due to the disrespect that Madame Sinclair was sending his way, but he kept his face straightened, so it could seem like he wasn't bothered.

"It came from a source that I can't name, but even though your status is larger, like you say it is, we still share the same enemy." Muerte said coolly, though he wasn't feeling as cool as he spoke.

Madame Sinclair eyed him for a second, before standing up. Making her way to stand in front of Muerte, she stood there eyeing him, before she took a seat on her desk. Crossing her legs, she felt Muerte's eyes gaze over her lengthy and thick legs.

"I've been nice to you, and I will continue to be nice, but you're going to see a different side of me if you don't answer my question." She said smiling at Muerte.

Sensing that the words she spoke was true, Muerte quickly answered, "Our common enemy is Sahir West, plus that wife of his."

Madame Sinclair's face turned stoic at the mention of the Wests'. Cocking her head to the side, looking past Muerte, she remained wordless.

Muerte began to turn his head slowly, stopping when he felt something being injected into his neck.

"You should've stayed in the little leagues, Muerte." Madame Sinclair dragged out. "Now you have to play in the big leagues, and we don't okay fair."

*

Exiting the toy store, Sahir carries two dolls in his arms as Samia pushed the stroller, filled with two sleepy twins. As soon as the exited the store, they were greeted by the voice of a man singing a tune that for once, they both didn't know.

They both walked past him, only stopping for Samia to place what looked like two twenties in his guitar case.

"You're such a cheapskate." Sahir said shaking his head.

Samia quickly let out a huff, rolling her eyes at Sahir.

"Says the man who acts like Mr. Krabs with his money. You think that I didn't see the string you placed onto one of the twenties back there, but jokes on you, the one you pulled was a fake and I actually stuck three twenties from your wallet together." Samia said as if it was nothing because it truly wasn't, these were things that they were use to the other doing.

Sahir nodded his head, looking at the twenty dollar bill that he placed in his back pocket, while carrying the two big doll boxes.

"Game well played, game well played." Sahir said eyeing the buck with a glued on picture of his face.

Samia just smiled, knowing that she got him good.

Turning the corner of the street where their apartment is located, they both seen two figures standing in front of it.

"Are you guys loitering? I thought that cops weren't suppose to promote it?" Sahir asked when they were in a close enough distance.

Lieutenant Blue quickly followed up with, "No, were actually keeping an eye on you two."

"Since your babysitting us, can you go get us some crabs from down the street?" Sahir asked him, but only received a menacing look.

A look that the lieutenant thought was menacing, but honestly looked like he might've been constipated.

"Why'd you buy the boys dolls?" Detective Henderson asked curiously.

Samia let out a gasp of shock, turning to the detective that usually didn't say much.

"Are you saying that boys can't have dolls because I'll have you know that dolls are for any and everybody." She began to shake her head. "I'll have to let that nice governor of yours know that his state needs officers of better character."

"That's not-" Detective Henderson started, but was cut off by Sahir.

"Our goal is to raise our children the right way, not the way society thinks that they should be raised. I would think that you would understand that, but now I see that our kids can't have a play date with yours either." Sahir said sending a glare the officers way.

Without another word, Samia walked into the apartment building with Sahir following behind her. Heading to the elevator, they both waited a few seconds, before entering. Once the doors closed, they both turned towards each other.

"You know that their going to be stationed outside all night right?" Sahir said to Samia as she pressed the button to their floor.

"Most definitely." Samia said shaking her head.

__________________________________

What do you think?

Did you enjoy the chapter?

What do you think will happen next?

The end is near, so these next few chapters are going to be...

Over three thousand views and four hundred votes! I love y'all forreal🤍!

Go add my other book, Jezebel & If It's Real, to y'all library!

Vote & Commentlavishworld

Vote & Comment
lavishworld