Chapter 4 : Home Part 4

Mort Krueger POV:

Tired breath kept coming out of my mouth, my entire body felt very heavy and there were many cuts and wounds on several of my bodies. It is impossible to fight such many creatures without getting hurt. Also, my soul energy is running low, and I don't dare to use it to the end.

"... Are you okay, my lord?" Manes looked at me worriedly.

"I'm fine Manes, I'm just exhausted to fight that many Noes." I gave him a tired smile.

It's good. There are no Noes around here. But the more good thing is I have arrived in front of my house alive.

The sound of the door opening my eyesight, I saw my little sister looking like she was exhausted, full of sweat and a little tear insight. She started running and immediately hugged me tightly, making me unable to get out of her arms; I put on a confused face with what happened to her. Is she still sick or afraid because of the accident she had just recently? Or other.

I got the thought after I saw at the door of my house there was a beautiful long hair woman whose water surrounds smiling seeing us both. I look back and see my sister.

Ahh...

I See...

She worries about me...

She already knows about all this; I have made her worry. I directed my right hand to touch her hair and started patting her head slowly, with a few words coming out of my mouth. "I'm home."

The sound of her crying became louder. "Brother, you're okay... you're okay!"

Then both my parents were in front of the door, seeing the scene where my sister was crying and me filled with scratches all over my body.

The two of them also looked anxious, but they remained at the door, giving my sister a few moments with me and also waiting for an explanation from me.

After a while my sister was crying, she then calmed down, I started explaining what happened to my parents.

Of course, I lied to them, didn't tell them what really happened outside, and that I fought a lot of Noes on the way home. I reasoned that when I was on my way home; I ran and fell in the bramble. They didn't immediately believe me, but in the end they would.

I can tell my sister is lying too, saying that she cried because she was shocked by the accident she had and wanted to see her brother.

After they both finished listening to our explanation, my mother immediately took the medicine box on top of her cupboard

"Mort," My mother pointed her finger towards the dining table chair. "Come sit here!" I followed my mother's words and sat on the chair.

Mom kneels in front of me. "Let me treat your wound." She treats my wounds gently.

I gave a grateful smile and said. "Thank you, Mom."

"Oh! By the way, why don't one of you guys pick up your phone?" I asked.

"Your mother and I, our phone battery is empty, so we turn it off and charge it," Father answered.

"... and your sister's phone broke because her phone fell into the water with her." he's pointing his index finger to my sister's dead phone on top of the table.

"NO...!" Emily shouted hysterically and cried, seeing that her smartphone had died.

Emily is a person who can't survive without her smartphone, making her feel like this is the end of her life.

She even tried to take a knife and tried to end her life, making my parents panic, especially Varuna. Because Varuna just got Emily as her holder.

I know Emily would not dare to end her life. Because she was so afraid of the pain. Even though she was almost stabbed with a syringe, she screamed in the hospital and even tried to throw the table at the doctor.

Poor Emily, Rest in peace, Emily smartphone. I think with my praying hands.

Eventually dad calmed her down, saying he would try to bring her smartphone for repair tomorrow.

Mom continued to take care of my wounds, and finally my wound was fully treated.