005

Paxton Flynn

I was starting to get drunk, I could feel the buzz of the alcohol in my veins already just two cups down. I was still on the counter with my legs crossed under me and Diego was sitting in front of me on a high stool. One guy had left, leaving up with one more guy and the girl standing between his legs as they talked in hushed voices.

I smiled, "I love the little peace here. I wasn't expecting to find such in a college parties. This kitchen looks private."

"It is."

"It is?" I had guessed that but it was still kind of surprising. "Then how are we here?"

He pointed at himself, "because of me."

I gasped, more than necessary but we're blaming that on the alcohol. I covered my mouth with my hand, leaning closer to him and asking in a much smaller voice, "you live here?"

Diego laughed at my antics, pushing me back to place before I stumble down the counter to my death. "Not anymore, but I still know all the guys who still live here. Consider me a family."

"Not anymore?" I hiccupped, and blushed covering my mouth. "What does that mean? You left before introduction?" He shook his head negative to that. "How long have you been on campus then?"

"This is my second year."

I was not expecting to hear that. I leaned back, "whoa. You're a sophomore?"

He laughed again, using the back of his palm to cover his mouth like he was shy. "Not actually."

I rolled my eyes and sat back straight. My hand moved to touch his cheek, "it's hot to be mysterious but fucking up fess up already?" I patted his cheek, before redrawing back. "I'm curious now and I need to know if I should or shouldn't be hanging out with you."

Diego gaped at me, fingers on his cheek. "Was that a slap?"

I placed my cup back on my lips and drank the last of it's content. Then I giggled after hiccuping again. "Nope, it was a friendly pat. If I should slap you, you face would be red like Tricia's butt when she sat on coal."

"Jesus, who's Tricia?"

I laughed, "my sister. I promise I didn't laugh then though," then I leaned in closer to him to whisper, "but I wanted to after."

Diego laughed, shaking his head at me. "Okay."

"So talk, before I actually slap you."

"I'm so scared," he said, the drank up his entire cup too. "Well, I'm taking the year again with a different major. The first year was unbelievably hectic and I lived here then, but then I moved out this year."

I nodded, looking around again. "It must have been dope to live here."

"Not really but yeah," he shrugged, getting up to mix us more drinks.

"What was your first major?" I asked, watching him from behind. His fine shoulder blades reminded me of someone I knew too well and I blinked, looking away guiltily and deciding I've had enough drinks.

"Medicine," he winked at me.

I laughed, "should I be intimidated?"

"Totally," he dropped the half empty bottle on the counter. "My GPA would crush you."

I fake shuddered, "phew, I should go home and start up on my reading then."

"So no drinks?" His lips turned down when I nodded.

"I'm drunk already," I slowly got down the counter. "I should get to my friends."

"Aw you break my heart Paxton Flynn."