35

Sebastian Crown

"Fuck fuck fuck!" I punched my hand repeatedly at the door, feeling the pain resonate through my knuckles down my entire arm. But it wasn't enough, the pain that is. I needed more.

Flynn left.

My eyes caught the flower vase he gifted the house when we were still putting it together.

"Take care of it, it can't die or wither," he warned, squatting down near the small green plant and looking at it lovingly.

I chuckled, squatting down beside him. "I'm not done taking care of myself and you want me to take care of a plant?"

He turned to me with a little cute pout. "It's not just a plant, it has a name now, um, Cindy? Yeah, Cindy is nice. This is Cindy now, Seb."

"Cindy," I laughed. "That's a lot of responsibility babe."

"She's ours now, love her and water her."

I put my hand around him and kissed his forehead, "no promises."

"There are promises. There better be."

I lunged towards the plant, lifting the vase up and about to smash it down but I just couldn't bring myself to do so.

"You can't," I choked out, I rarely cried, only Flynn could make me cry and he was doing a good job at that now.

I dropped the vase and myself to the ground, my hands finding my hair and pulling at it. This cannot be happening, Flynn can't leave me right now or ever. I fucked up and I'm sorry.

I knew buying the bar was going to come back and bite me in the ass but not like this. I was supposed to gently bring up the topic and tell him about it myself. He wasn't supposed to find out like that.

It now looks like I was deceiving him and all and I broke a promise. It's because of me Flynn didn't travel to a more farther place for college. He was supposed to go to MIT or some other fancy college but because I was staying back and there was no chance in hell I'd ever get into MIT or any fancy college, he decided to go to somewhere closer and smaller. I told him not to but apparently his mind was made up.

"It isn't my future anymore," he had said with a smile, wrapping his legs around me. "It's our future. Me and you forever Seb."

I hit my head on the wall, again and again and again as hot tears fell. "Fuck Sebastian you foolish person."

I couldn't lose him he was the one good thing in my life. I lived for him. Another reason I bought the bar was so I could be able to give him the very best in life from my pocket and not my father's money or inheritance. I loved working at the bar but I want to come home to Paxton everyday.

"I'm sorry, I'm sorry," I mumbled trying to get up to my feet. I was going to call him but then I couldn't find my phone, after searching, I finally saw where it was shattered on the ground. Then I remembered that in my rage, I threw it at the wall.

Fuck.

Dressing up and leaving the house all happened so fast, if I was asked to recollect it all, I wouldn't be able to. It was as if I was drunk but not the good kind of drunk, the very very bad kind. Driving was a bad idea but I did it anyway.

If he took the plane, he'd probably be in school already there was no way he was staying back at home, I knew him that well. I didn't have time to waste. The more time I was away from him, the more of myself I lost.

Getting into the store where I planned to buy the phone, I could feel people's gaze on me but I didn't care, I needed just one thing.

"I want a phone."