34

Paxton Flynn

"Paxton, wait," Seb said running after me. "What do you mean we're done?"

I paused unable to look behind at him. "It means exactly that. I'm not going to college again without you."

"Oh my God, aren't you being a little selfish here?"

"Selfish?" I turned to him with a glare.

"Yes!" He glared right back. Icy eyes staring at my very soul. I've never seen that look directed at me and it felt different. Very different.

"Y-you're the one who bought a whole fucking bar without telling me, your supposed ' boyfriend'."

Seb pulled at his hair, "I didn't know how to tell you. This whole week I've been trying to tell you but you weren't fucking listening."

"I wasn't listening? Did you once say, "oh hey Flynn, I bought a bar"?"

"You were roped up, happy in that fantasy of us together in college. How could I ruin that? Not when I'm just seeing you again after a long time."

"It-" my voice choked up as the tears fell. "It wasn't a fantasy to me. I saw that happening a million times and you took me for a fool."

"Flynn."

I held a hand up to stop him just as a sob broke out of me. I couldn't believe what was happening right now. It like my whole life was falling apart right in front of my very eyes. "Seb, you bought a bar. I had you in every step of my plans. I thought we were together in this. I thought–"

"I was going to tell you, I'm sorry Flynn. I had you in my plans too," Seb choked, I couldn't imagine him crying, I couldn't look at him.

"No, no you didn't!" I yelled. Then I looked up at him, I could see his blurry eyes but it's like I had a wall over my, blocking the feelings out. I was furious and I wanted to make him feel the hurt I was feeling. "Okay, where do I fit in? Where do I fit in in this new dream of yours? I'm fucking miles away Sebastian."

"I love working at the bar. It's something I see myself doing for a really long time, with you along side me doing what you love too. We could work this out."

"If you actually thought of a 'we' there wouldn't be a property ownership document that I know nothing about."

"Flynn please--"

"I know I wouldn't have made such a big commitment without letting you know first. I feel betrayed and fooled and deceived and--"

Seb stayed silent.

"I can't do this."

"Please."

"Please," I countered back, actually begging. "Seb come with me to college. You'd figure things out there."

"It's easy for you to say because that's your world. You fit right in."

"I'm there," I groan out and he opened mouth to say something but shut it back, biting on his tongue. Realization dawned on me and I started backing out, "but I'm not enough."

"It's not like that."

"It is like that."

"You're flaring out, am I that easy to dismiss?" He asked, electric eyes looking like there was thunder in his eyes.

I frowned, "I guess so."

"Paxton, you don't mean that."

"We should all do what we want, irrespective of the what the other person has to say in the matter."