29

Paxton Flynn

I don't really know when I finally fell asleep that morning but I was awake for quite a while from that 3am. I had to stop Diego from feeling bad and I made him narrate how he found me in the first place. According to him he changed his mind about letting me go alone in the last minute and decided to at least make sure I got to my dorm safely.

When he was halfway through without siting me on the road at all, he called and lo and behold he could hear my phone ringing from a distance. I could only imagine the shock he was in or the fear at wondering what had happened to me. According to him, he started searching for me like a mad man and the rest is history. I was so thankful, I don't think I have ever been that thankful towards a human being since my highschool drama days when I was kidnapped. Then I was really thankful to Sebastian for being alive and then Barry for saving us. Now Diego was up in the list too. I wonder what exactly would have happened to me if he didn't find me. Honestly the whole thing that happened was completely woozy to me, I couldn't remember the details and it was just the Jared incident coming to my mind.

Did they even want to rape me or was I imagining things? Were they after attacking me or was I just an unfortunate random person that fell into their trap? I really thought I was over that whole Jared thing but I guess not. Turns out my biggest fear is being taken advantage of again. I was grown past that, right? Right?

I woke up with a jolt that morning. I wasn't exactly dreaming just really disturbed. I was soaked with sweat and my heart was fucking pounding. My eyes found the time and it was eleven am already. Diego wasn't beside the bed anymore but I could hear utensils hiting against each other.

"Diego?" I called, pulling myself off the bed. My body hurt all over.

The noise stopped and before I knew it a crying Ryder raced towards me, enveloping my entire aching body with a hug. "Paxton Flynn you fucking goat!"

"Ow Ry!" I yelled and she immediately let go of me with wide eyes.

"What, what? Where hurts?"

"Everywhere!" I whined, rubbing my arms together. Damn it. It's been a while since I've been hit or beaten.

I didn't know what I was expecting after saying that but it's was definitely not a bawling Ryder. She burst out in tears, burying her head on my legs. "Oh my gosh, Pax. Oh my..."

I rolled my eyes, "stop crying. I am alive aren't I?"

"You almost died. I almost died. Sim called in the morning to ask if you stayed over at mine and how my roommate allowed it. Imagine his shock when I told him you just dropped me off and left. We started calling everybody, I almost called the police... I- I was so s-scared oh my heart. Where the fuck would I start from?"

I started crying too. "I was so scared too."

Ryder cupped my face and I cupped hers too, wiping away her tears. "How could they do that to you? I swear we'd find them and kill them."

I chuckled, "with what a gun or a knife?"

She paused to think, "me and you, a knife. Seb, maybe a gun."

"Seb?" My eyes widen questioning as my heart skipped. "Did you tell him?"

"Not yet."

"Don't," I sighed. "I don't want him knowing yet. He'd just worry for nothing and it hasn't been that long since he came over here."

"Pax, you keep forgetting he's bloody rich. There's nothing he wouldn't do for you."

I pinched her cheek. "And you keep forgetting he's not using his daddy's money yet."