I glare, "They're having a baby, Beto. They are going to be MARRIED."

He nods, "I know that, but what you need to understand is in a family like ours...sometimes things are arranged."

"Arranged?" I clarify.

"Yes. Adolfo arranged Anna's engagement and he has done the same with Alessio. He's speeding things up because he knows it'll benefit him more than anyone else."

"Then why doesn't he get out of it?"

Beto scoffs, "He can't just get out of it, Olivia."

I sigh and lean against the locker next to him. "Doesn't change anything, Beto. Alessio has done enough to hurt me. He disappeared for months, fucked with my head, and he hid this from me."

"Olivia, you know everything Alessio has done or will do is for your benefit. He is trying to protect you from himself. We aren't good people."

"I don't need protection."

Beto cocks his head. "Seemed you really needed us when your ex boyfriend tried to get you killed."

"I had it handled."

He rolls his eyes, "Sure. You really are a true gangster."

I glare at him. "I didn't ask for your family's protection. It's my own fault if I get myself into stupid situations."

"Some of these things would've never happened if Alessio didn't fall in love with you."

My heart starts to hurt thinking about him.

I missed him so much. I was really trying to forget him but nothing was working.

I missed hearing his voice and holding him.

I just wanted to have him in my arms again.

"I gotta go..."

Beto grabs my arm. "Olivia, please just understand why we are still looking out for you. He wants to keep you safe."

I stare back at him and feel tears burn my eyes. Beto gives me a small nod and turns to head back to the exit.

⟡ ⟡ ⟡

"Thank you for coming down today, ladies."

Kim and I nod politely as Officer Harrison holds the doors for us to step into his interrogation room. Sierra had decided to join us for the little field trip to the police station.

The three of us take a seat across from him at the table in the middle of the room. I feel little beads of sweat form on my forehead under the heat of the lights.

I look over nervously at Kimberly as he pulls out a notebook and pen.

Kim shrugs and looks as cool as a cucumber. Of course, she has nothing to worry about.

Not like her ex boyfriend murdered the guy.

"Now...I know the three of you were very close with Austin," Officer Harrison starts. "Kimberly and Sierra specifically."

I glance over at Sierra who dabs at her eyes.

"Unfortunately, we have had a lot of dead ends in our investigation," He says and wipes at his brows. "I'd appreciate any help."

"I wish we had more information for you, sir. After prom, we didn't see him again." Kimberly tells him.

"Well, it seems Olivia here had seen him at the party."Harrison says and pulls a photo out from a folder. "Isn't that right?"

Kimberly and Sierra look over at me confused as he pushes it to me. It's a picture of me clearly very drunk standing next to Austin. Someone had taken a group photo together and posted it on facebook.

Of course, there would've been photos plastered everywhere from that night.