Her eyes lit up. "Oh, I got you. Don't you worry!" She turns towards Sierra. "I'll text you the details."

She smiles back at us and moves into a seat next to Kim.

They start up some conversation about colleges and I realize lunch is about to end.

"I'm going to head off to class." I tell them.

"Bye, Liv!" They say together and go back to looking at something on Kim's phone.

I head off in the opposite direction towards my next class and feel something tugging at the strap on my bag.

"Hey Olivia." Joe says from behind.

I turn around to face him and he smiles down at me shyly. It was odd to see him without his gang of sweaty friends and football gear. I swear this kid only thought about playing football in every waking moment.

"What's up?"

"Have you seen Kim?" He frowns. His voice sounds like something's been upsetting him.

"She was at the table back there with Sierra."

He nods, "Alright...she just hasn't talked to me much."

"She has a lot on her mind, I promise she is still obsessed with you."

Joe sighs and his dark green eyes light up a little.. "I'll take your word for it. Let her know I'm here when she needs me."

"You got it."

We give each other a little parting glance and I head back towards my class when I notice someone staring at me through the crowd of passing students.

Beto.

"What are you doing here?" I ask as I walk up to him.

He's leaning against a locker and Westview's cheer captain is hanging onto him with her long nails while she flips her Blonde hair back and forth. Whatever she's saying must not interest him because he looks bored as hell.

"We were talking!" She snaps at me and Beto rolls his eyes.

"Great," I smile. "I'm talking to him now."

Nicole looks up at Beto with hurt eyes but he brushes her off. "I'll call you, Nicole. Bye now."

She gasps at his response and walks away with a loud huff. Beto and I laugh at her retreating figure.

"Picking up chicks, obviously." He shrugs.

"The truth, Beto." I glare. "Did Alessio send you?"

"Yes and no."

"Tell him to leave me alone."

He looks down at me with his boyish features and big eyes. You really would never know he was ever affiliated with one of Italy's most dangerous mafia gangs.

He doesn't look like he could even hurt a fly.

"He misses you, Olivia. I'm really worried about him."

"What do you mean?" My voice shakes.

"He's been drinking... a lot. Most nights he doesn't even come home."

"Where has he been?"

"The clubs I suppose," He says and moves his fingers through his dark locks."Giovanni can't get through to him. Anna doesn't care to try anymore."

"What about Monica?" Just saying her name makes me sick.

"She's been up Adolfo's ass. She doesn't give a fuck about, Alessio. I promise you, Olivia, he wants you. Monica is not who Alessio wants to be with."