Putting the pieces together

Spirit P.O.V

Who was that survivor? Why did he come back? No one ever comes back after they reach the gate. Though I wouldn't blame them, if they did "it" would probably make me kill them or do it themselves.

I want to stop. I've wanted to stop for so long. It's kept me here for so long just killing that I barely remember my name, but almost everything else is a blur. Except for that one night. The one night I want to forget.

Every time I hear the damned horn the memory comes back, its so vivid it's like I'm there all over again. It keeps forcing me through that memory, forcing my rage to come out and to lash out.

Truth is though, I barely even have the same bloodlust I had when I arrived. When I came here all I felt was rage. All I craved was blood and death. I wanted revenge and thats what it promised me. But I've been here for so long that I know it didn't want to help me, it wanted to use me.

I want to leave. All everyone wants is to leave, but it won't let us. We can't fight back and some of us don't even want to. Some of us embrace this thing as a God, this entity.

As I'm lost in thought I hear the fog horn and the memories start flooding back. As I'm trying to fight back the tears of seeing these memories, everything stops. The sword that I know all to well inches away from me. As I'm trying to figure out why this is happening suddenly the image of my father disappears and is replaced with the survivor from yesterday kneeling down in front of me, with the same smile they had before they were sacrificed.

They didn't say anything, they just stayed there smiling. Soon though the figure leaned in hugged me. I just sat there surprised by what's happening, but soon I hug back. It felt real, like as if they were here. The hug was warm and there was nothing but silence in the air, but it was the nicest, most peaceful silence I've ever had while trapped in here.

The hug was short, but it felt like it lasted for hours. As the figure backed away from the hug I saw them with the same smile on their face as they disappeared. That was the best feeling I've ever had while trapped in here. No memories coming back, no rage, no screams, all I felt was happiness. I felt like nothing was wrong in those moments.

After they had dissapeared the environment I was in started to reform around me again, but something caught me off guard when it did. A survivor, just sitting next to me as if they didn't know I was even here. The first thing that caught my attention though was the band around her arm. It was a band I barley remembered from before I was here.

As soon as I finished looking at the band I looked up at her head to see she was staring directly into my eyes. Before I could do anything she pats me on the back and smiles.

Yui: "Guess what Y/N said about wasn't completely wrong, you do have a heart somewhere in there."

As soon as she said that name, I grew curious.

Me: "Y/N? Who's Y/N?"

Yui: "Oh yeah, guess they couldn't tell you their name. He was the guy who decided to help you instead of running away. They also convinced me and some other people to help out as well."

Me: "Help out? How are you going to help me? You know we can't leave here."

Yui: "Listen I don't know enough to explain everything right now, but Adam probably does. Just look for the guy with a haircut that looks like a tower in a baige trench coat, Can't miss him. I gotta go now, it was nice talking to you." She started to get up and was about to walk away before I stopped her.

Me: "Can you at least tell me your name before you go?"

Yui: "Its Yui Kimura, and you are?" I sat there in silence. This is the first time I had to remember my name in a while.

Me: "Rin. Its Rin Yamaoka."

Yui: "Well Rin, best of luck to you. If you see the others go easy on them okay? Except Ace, give him a good hit on the head for me okay?" She let out a chuckle with that last sentence, which made me laugh a bit

Me: "Okay, for you I guess i could do that" she looked at me and let out a small laugh. She acted like we had been friends for years though before this all she knew me as was a cold blooded killer.

As we were laughing a loud horn blared through the area. Yui said goodbye and I pointed towards one of the gates so she could leave.

As I was watching her walk away I started to think to myself. As I was thinking to myself, the name Y/N popped back into my head. As soon as it did I felt my heart skip a beat. Is this what I think it is, or am I finally going crazy? If it's what I think it is, I don't think I would mind.

--------------

Thanks for reading, sorry this chapter took a while to make. I made this thinking no one would read this but I'm happy that it seems like people are liking it. Chapters are gonna be a bit irregular because if school though so be warned.