The end of an era

He was playing with us. The bastard has been playing with us for over a year now. He was watching us every step of the way. He had this whole thing planned. I should have seen this coming but I was too blinded by the good moments I couldn't see the horrible ones coming.

Entity "Now if you don't mind I have a job to do here, so I hope you understand that I hold no ill intents towards you. In fact I thank you. Without your ridiculous actions this wouldn't have been possible. That's why I'll leave you for last, but just know that your death will be the most painful. It's a very simple punishment really. Anyways I've spent too much time chatting with you so if you don't mind-"

I punch him directly in the face, but he doesn't budge.

Y/N "YOU PIECE OF SHIT! I'LL KILL YOU!"

I just keep punching him hoping to at least make him flinch but nothing. Nothing at all.

Entity "Listen, first of all" He slaps me to the ground "Don't ever lay your disgusting hands on a god, and second" A pair of spikes come out of the ground and wrap around me, keeping tied to the floor "When I said I would leave you for last I meant it. So stay there and wait for me to finish off your pathetic friends."

I can't believe this. Andrew is gone and I'm just stuck here like a pig. I couldn't do anything to him. I trained for months and what do I have to show for it? A lost friend and an embarrassing defeat. I let everyone down. I tried my best to make sure I could protect everyone but I couldn't even protect my old squadmate twice. I'm a disappointment. All I can do is wait here.

??? "What happened here?"

I look over to my right to see Cheryl standing there. Great, the worst person to break the news to.

Y/N "I failed Cheryl. I'm sorry."

Cheryl "What are you talking about? How did yo fail? And why are you like that?"

Y/N "It was the entity. He took Andrew and now he's using him to kill us all. I couldn't do anything about. It happened right in front of me and I couldn't do anything."

As I was talking I saw someone get carried into the sky by the Entity. Great, another person I let down.

Cheryl "What are you talking about Y/N? Andrew would never do that to us."

Entity "You'd be correct about that, but I'm not exactly Andrew am I now am I? Now if you don't mind I have a strict schedule so if you would kindly just stay there."

Cheryl "No. No, stay back. Stay away from me!"

As she screamed the the spikes around me loosen up allowing me to squeeze out. The Entity is also just standing there motionless. What is happening?

Entity "Why can't I move? Don't tell me he's actually fighting for control!"

He keeps standing there as the halo above his head started to flicker in and out of reality. Wait he said something about Andrew fighting back. This means that maybe there's still a chance.

Y/N "Come on Andrew! Fight it! Don't let him take over! Show him why we call ourselves survivors!"

After a bit of time he collapses and the halo disappears. I catch him before he hits the ground and lay him down. Shortly after he starts to wake up.

Andrew "Ugh, my head hurts like hell right now."

Cheryl "Andrew!" She runs up and gives him a bear hug

Andrew "Hey Cheryl, glad your fine."

Y/N "I'm just glad we got you back."

Andrew "I'm not done with you yet. I'm not as mad as I was before but I'm stilled pissed."