Chapter 5

Rashawn

*

After Sonya called me every name in the book and then some she hung up on me. I couldn't even get a word in. After ignoring how I felt about the way I came at Sky it came back. Damn I felt like a dumbass. I really just treated her like that. I saw her crying and showing how disappointed she was with herself but I just made her feel worse. I used to be the guy that would help and protect her from assholes like me.

I recieved enough hell from Sarina, yeah she knew something was up. My daughter smart as hell. She knows when shit not right. I didn't tell her anything but she knew it had something to do with what I did.

"What's up man?" Devin asked.

"I fucked up man. I really hurt Sky."

"What'd you do?" I explained everything she told me and everything that happened. "First off, Dez ain't shit. Sky a beautiful girl. He shouldn't be playing her like that."

"That's what I'm saying. I wouldn't care if it's someone else but this is Sky. I watched this girl grow up man. I protected her from shit like this."

"I know man. But yeah she is kind of naive about this shit. But you were out of line." Devin my nigga because he speak the truth on all sides. "You should've talked to her. From what I know about Sky this ain't her. She's probably going through something and she needs you with her not against."

"Iight man." I stayed and finished some work before heading to Sky's place. Man I hope she forgives me for this shit.

Sky

*

By now I'm pretty sure you know what I'm doing. Yup. Crying, like always. Dez came, fucked, and left. I'm tired of always being left alone. I'm tired of crying. I'm tired of not being me.

I can't do this anymore. I walked into my bathroom and got the bottle of sleeping pills. The only time I felt strong and brave was with Sabrina. Now I'm weak and pathetic. Rashawn even thinks so. I can't see my niece. The man I love doesn't love me. I have nothing to live for.

I took a hand full of pills and sat in my bath tub. I just let the tears fall as darkness over.

Rashawn

*

I pulled up to Sky's place and I had a bad feeling. I hurried out the car and ran up the stairs to her apartment. All the lights were on so I know she's here. I banged on the door and there was no answer.

"What's all this banging?" an older woman came out of her place. She eyed me suspiciously. "Who are you?"

"I'm a friend of Sky's. Is she here?"

"She's always here. Hold on sweetie, I have a key." She went back inside and got a key. "She gave this to me in case of emergencies." She opened the door and let us in.

"Sky!" I looked all around the apartment for her. I went upstairs and into her room. The bathroom door was opened a little. I walked in and saw her lying in the empty tub. "Sky! Wake up baby. Please wake up." I saw the nearly empty bottle of sleeping pills. "Man fuck Sky."

"Oh my gosh," the woman came to the door. "I'll call the police."

"No time." I picked Sky up and ran to my car. I put her in the backseat and sped to the hospital. "I need some help! She's not waking up." A swarm of nurses and doctors came and put her on a stretcher. I told them what I knew and was led to the waiting room. I was praying she'd make it through.

Sonya

*

Me and my boo was home watching movies, just chilling when my phone rang. "Hello?"

"Sonya get to the hospital. Sky overdosed in sleeping pills," Rashawn said hanging up. I hopped up and started putting on some clothes.

"What's going on bae?"

"Sky's in the hospital." He looked at me blankly. I grabbed my keys, kissed him, and ran to my car. Lord I pray my sister is alright.

I ran inside looking for Rashawn. He was in the waiting room with his head in his hands. "Shawn what's going on?"

"She tried to kill herself." What?! "If she dies I don't know what I'll do."

"She's gonna make it Shawn. We have to believe that." I can't believe she did this again.

So how is it? Vote comment and follow.

Sarina in mm.