26

Word count-  2011

Honestly, I am not very confident about this chapter but I hope you guys like it. 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chan held the crying boy tight in his arms as the boy shook wildly while clutching on his shirt with his fists. Hyunjin has just given his statement to Minho and to say it was hard for him would be an understatement. The process continued for four hours with Jisung, Chan and Minho encouraging Hyunjin to speak. However, they were able to do it with patience and understanding.

"It is okay, Hyunjin." Jisung rubbed his back gently, constantly telling him to calm down.
"We will be out. Call for us if you need anything." Jisung continued, directing his words at Chan who was more focused than ever on Hyunjin. The older just nodded his head without even looking up from the boy snuggled in his chest. Jisung looked at Minho and gave him a sad smile before walking out of the living room with him.

"Hyunjin." Chan softly called him out. The younger kept on sobbing in his tee, holding onto it as if his life was depending upon it.
"Hyunjin. Baby, look at Hyung." Chan said and kissed the younger's head, gently trying to pull Hyunjin away so that he can make the boy look up at him.
"I am so proud of you." Chan whispered cupping his cheeks tenderly. The younger was still crying with his eyes scrunched close and his lips quivering while his body moved with his every sob.

"It is all okay, Baby. You did so good today." Chan talked to the younger as he delicately wiped the tears running down his red cheeks, only to make room for new ones.
"Hyunjin, stop crying baby. Please." Chan mumbled and pulled Hyunjin back against his chest after he kissed his forehead softly.
"You don't need to cry. Hyung is here for you. You're safe now." Chan kept on whispering in the younger's ears while rubbing his back to help him calm down.

Chan sighed when he felt Hyunjin visibly calming down in his arms. His body stopped shaking like before and now he could only hear sniffles from the boy. His left hand reached out to pull a wipe from the packet on the table next to the sofa they were sitting on.
"Look up, baby. C'mon." Chan said, his other hand brushing Hyunjin's head.

The younger sniffled a bit before he turned his head up to look at Chan with his red eyes and tear stained face. Chan smiled sweetly at the boy in his arms who had his chin rested on his chest. Hyunjin was the most perfect mess he has ever seen in his life. He looked beautiful with his curly black hair reaching his eyebrows as he hiccupped while trying to keep a sob in like a baby.

"Ssh, baby." Chan kissed his forehead gently. Chan's right hand held the younger's head from the back to keep it at one place while his other hands slowly made its way to clean his face with the wipe. He made sure to be as gentle as possible.

Chan started with Hyunjin's forehead, wiping right and left gradually to prevent rashes on his soft skin. He next moved to his cheeks, tenderly rubbing off the tear stains on both of his smooth cheeks. Chan did not forget to leave little kisses here and there.
"I missed you so much when I was there." Hyunjin said, his voice almost inaudible in the silence when Chan was completed with wiping his face.

"I missed you too, baby." Chan replied and hugged the younger gently. The other instantly snuggled against Chan's neck and wrapped his arms around his neck, pulling him as close as he could. Their moment was disturbed by a knock coming from the entrance of the living room.

Minho coughed a little, he did not want to interrupt them but it was 10PM already and he needed to get back to home with Jisung before it gets late.
"Hyung." He called out Chan who turned to look at him with raise eyebrows.
"We are gonna leave. It is late already." He said, offering a smile at the end.
"It is 10 already, just stay the night." Chan mumbled, slowly turning his head around to see the engaged couple.