"It is not funny! You did this on purpose!"

Start from the beginning

You could tell that Hana didn't buy it, not fully, at least, but she just tipped her head. "Fine. He's weird, but I've seen worse. But tell me, are you actually f*cking this guy? Because it kind of really-"

You choked up before she could finish her sentence.

"NOT- NO," you stressed empathetically, shuddering at the thought, "no way. Absolutely not."

"He had a fresh hickey on his jaw, Y/N, I think you're going to have to lie a little better than that,"

Shooting Hana a glare, you groaned. "I'm not lying! He, being the chaotic, clumsy dumba*s he is, banged his chin on something and that happened, I swear! Don't give me that look, idiot-"

"Okay, fine, fine," Hana raised her hands up in the air in surrender, shrugging nonchalantly, "I'm just saying, it would be great if you were."

"WHAT THE F*CK HANA,"

"Ouch, don't attack me! He's hot as hell and he clearly looks like he knows what he's doi- good GOD, woman, chill!"

Still glaring at the Hana beside you, you let your hand fall to your side, your other one teasing the chain hanging from your neck. You didn't know why, but you felt a little bit of comfort, or warmth when you touched it.

Stepping side by side into your gait again, Hana lapsed into silence, staring at the floor you passed over with every step before letting loose a long sigh.

"And besides, Aurem was all over him," she muttered quietly as you two meandered across the grass to where you'd previously left Taehyung, hoping to god that your phone had given him enough distraction to stay where he was.

At Hana's words, your glare softened a bit and you let loose an exasperated groan. "Hana, Aurem's like that with everyone. And I mean EVERYONE."

Choi Aurem was a sweet, bright girl who was a complete and utter sucker for pretty people and finding 'the one'. You and Hana always had to be on-hand with a tub of ice cream and chick flicks ready in case her latest boyfriend decided to dump her. And yeah, even if she thought things weren't working out, Aurem was way too nice to do any dumping.

"Yeah, I know," Hana huffed, fingering the chains that looped across her multiple piercings in her right ear (the piercings that matched with yours, actually; you'd gotten them done in your senior year), "but... ugh. I just hate it, you know?"

You DID know. Because even though Hana was seriously skeptical of love and crushes and everyone honestly thought that the girl with pink hair and wide smiles was the polar opposite of her, there was one thing that you knew about your oldest friend that no one in the world did.

And that was that she had a HUGE crush on Choi Aurem.

You'd met the bubbly, pink-haired girl at a college frat party two years ago, actually. You'd helped her home when she was drunk, realizing when you got to her house that she was actually the little sister of your old friend Soobin. She'd been insistent on thanking you, and at first you found her overly-outgoing nature to be quite annoying (Hana more than you, really), but she grew on you two quickly, balancing out your sarcasm and Hana's saltiness with her cheer and shine.

And one drunk night between you and your oldest friend, Hana had spilled that she'd had a hopeless crush on Aurem and she needed help.

It was HILARIOUS.

But it also kind of wasn't, because you knew crushes, and you knew that they were named as such very appropriately.

"Hana..." you sighed, lips twisting into a sympathetic grimace, "well, if it's any consolation, I threatened to slice Taehyung to shreds if he so much as looked at her wrong. So, that's something, I guess."