Stella's Assistance

Stella:

I closed the door to my room loudly and immediately after bounced on top of my bed.

I was tired. 

Training all day followed by training all night to packing up for tomorrow to a really long dinner and finally forever lasting chores later, I was dismissed to head in for the night. I was not asleep for more than 30 seconds at most before something buzzed right next to my bed.

I found the object causing the bed to shake next week and as soon as I placed my eyes on it, I felt like I had looked directly into the sun. 

What the heck? I didn't own a phone. 

When I opened it, I found a message that belongs to Val's sister, Ma. It was to my mother. I must have accidentally taken it upstairs with me. 

Being the little nosy thing I am, I decided to check out the recent phone conversation. I had a feeling that I would have to sacrifice my 7 hours. 

It read:

... 

Amanda (Fran's oldest) - Thank you for the support! I didn't really want to tell anyone, but my mom isn't here and if something goes wrong...

Amanda (Fran's oldest) - I just want someone to pickup the phone.

Me - No problem. If there's anything I can do please tell me. We'll all come tomorrow to visit.

Amanda (Fran's oldest) - Whatever you do, please don't tell Stella tonight. I wouldn't want this to affect her performance tomorrow.

Me - I'll try, but that girl has my intuition. She'll probably figure out somehow. 

Me - Speak of the Devil.

Amanda (Fran's oldest) - ?

Whatever it is they're talking about must be really serious if they're trying to keep this under wraps. My birthday isn't coming up for months, neither is Val's, so what's going on.

I wonder if I could just...ask.

Me - Heyo. I totes forgot to ask where exactly will we visit? I know how your mom's abt visitors when she not home

It took a while, but I finally got a response.

Amanda (Fran's oldest) - Oh sorry. I thought I gave you the address, it's.....

The address definitely isn't local. We live right outside of a big city and I bet that's where it's at. 

I felt so stupid after I finally figured out that Saint Mercy is the name of a hospital in town. It's only ever been mentioned as the worst "hospital" in the state.

I pondered leaving to investigate what was going on. It made me sweat trying to stay laying down in my bedroom, so much so that I couldn't help but get up and out of bed. 

The only clean clothes I had were sitting on my chair and it was my track suit - all red with  black pants and a jacket. I hated that thing. It was super hard to run in, but tonight it would be perfect. It was cold outside.

When I opened my bedroom door, all I heard was the sound of our beeping smoke detector. It was pitch dark at this point.

On my way to the front door I passed a vase of freshly replaced pink scabiosas. "Just in case" I thought as I took the flowers with me.