she wants your attention

Irene turned off the tv and placed the remote down with a long, and slightly overexaggerated sigh. She hoped it would capture your attention, but you only continued to scroll through your phone.

"Y/n?" She tapped your shoulder, to which you just let out a hum of acknowledgment. "What are you doing?"

"Just reading stuff." You replied and since you were busy staring down at your phone, you missed the pout that appeared on her face following your simple reply.

"But it's your day off and I hoped we'd spend it together." She pouted. "And there's nothing good on to occupy myself with. Baby, please?" She kissed your shoulder softly, letting her kisses trail to your collarbone which made you chuckle happily.

You gazed down at her, only to find her already staring up at you. She moved to rest on your lap while her cheek fell to your chest. She was giving you those big, beautiful, but sad brown eyes; making it nearly impossible not to cave in to her wishes.

"Okay, cutie," you whispered, brushing your fingers through her messy hair. "Just let me finish reading this."

She sighed and watched your eyes move along the words on the screen. Instead of being annoying and asking you if you were finished time and time again, she decided to lay kisses to your soft skin instead.

She knew you'd melt. She knew all the places that made you weak. The ones that make your knees buckle and your breath hitch in your throat and your heart skip a beat; and this time was no different.

Though you tried to finish what you were reading, you decided it wasn't all that important after all when she began to kiss your cheeks and chin lovingly. She was purposely avoiding kissing your lips, knowing it was the one place you wanted her to kiss the most.

And it was only a few seconds later that she heard your phone lock and you threw it mindlessly beside you before cupping her cheeks in the palms of your hands to bring her in for a passionate kiss.

"I love you." She whispered against your lips, smiling against them when you planted a loving kiss to her lips following her sweet words.

"Love you too." You replied, heart beating faster in your chest when she pulled away and laid her cheek on your shoulder.