Fates Align: Part 3

*A/N: This is from Serena's POV and takes place before the match. Enjoy Part 3!*

*Earlier that Day*
*Serena POV*

I woke up early today, excited for the upcoming match. I'm usually not that excited for Pokemon Battles, but today it seemed like something more was waiting for me. I took out my phone and started texting my new friend, Gou.

~In text~

Hey Gou, what time are we supposed to be there?

In around 45 minutes, so I reccomend you head out now.

Okay, I'll meet you at the entrance of the stadium.

~end of text~

I then put my phone away and grabbed my backpack. I tied my blue ribbon to my hair and put on my sneakers.

"Let's see what this Gigantamax thing is." I said.

I closed the door and left towards the stadium.

*Time Skip to Serena Arriving*

"There is only 15 minutes left till the match begins." I muttered to myself.

"Hey Serena, over here!" yelled out a black haired boy.

"Hey Gou, sorry about the wait." I said.

"Don't worry about it, I just got here too." he said.

"Let's go!" I said excitingly.

*Skip to them at the VIP Lounge*

"Wow, this place is amazing." I said speechless at the amazing room.

"You can thank my friend, he did win the Gigantamax Tournament after all." Gou said.

"You always talk about your friend, tell me more about him." I said.

"Well he is a Champion so he's pretty strong." he told me.

"You're friend is a Champion?!" I said surprised.

He laughed at the fact I was surprised, but he also mentioned he barely figured it out three days ago.

"What's his name?" I asked.

"His name is A-" he was saying until he got cut off by the announcer.

"Now please welcome our challengers for today's battle. This will be our 100th year doing this event, the Galar Final Challenge Match. The winner of our Gigantamax Tournament versus our Regional Champion. This year it will be the battle of Champions." said the announcer.

Wow, one hundred years is a long time.

"Please welcome, our Galar and World Champion... LEEEEOOOONNNN!!!" said the announcer.

"Who's ready for a Champion Time!" was all I heard from the man with purple hair. I assumed that was the Galarian Champion.

"Now welcoming our challenger, a trainer from Kanto and the Alolan Champion-"

Kanto? Alolan Champion? No way. It can't be...

"ASH KETCHUM!!!!" said the announcer as he announced the boy with a Pikachu. The crowd roared loudly as they mentioned him.