Where To Next?

*A/N: Serena looks like the image in this story. There might be some outfit changes but otherwise this will be the main outfit. Credit to the artist because I don't own the image. Also, I don't own Pokémon. Enjoy this chapter!*
*
*
*
October 20, Petalburg City:
*Serena POV*

BRRRRINNNNGGGGGGGG!!!

I barely opened my eyes and everything looked blurry. It took all of my strength and I grabbed my phone on the bedside table. I turned off the alarm, but before I put it away, I checked my phone in that moment. (A/N: What's Serena's phone/tablet thing called?)

8:45 am.

"It can wait another 5 minutes..." I muttered.

"Wait? 8:45?!?! OH NO I'M GOING TO BE LATE TO MAY'S TRAINING!!" I yelled. I just remembered that she had something important today and now I'm going to be late!

I rushed out of my bed and changed into my clothes as quickly as I could and barely brushed my hair. I was about to leave when I noticed I forgot something, a blue ribbon sitting on top of a table.

"Oh, how could I forget about you." I said. I sure wish Ash was here.

I quickly tied it around my hair and left May's home.

*Time Skip by 14 min*

"IT'S ALMOST 9 AM, MAY'S GOING TO KILL ME." I muttered to myself.

I had just arrived at our usual location but she was just sitting there. Quietly. That was weird for her because normally she would be bossing me around on what we need to do today.

I walked quietly in order to not disturb her. As I walked up to her, I touched her shoulder, when all of a sudden...

"AAAHHHH!!! YOU SCARED ME SERENA!!!" screamed out May.

"Sorry, just wanted to ask if your fine because normally you would be so excited for training. Is something bothering you?" I asked her.

"It's... it's just to think that you've accomplished so much in almost 4 years along side me... I am so thankful for having met you." May told me. She said it with a sad tone.

"I'm thankful too May, you and me have been through so much... I wouldn't be the person I am today without you and your support. We've travelled through two regions together and even faced against each other. Don't forget all the hardships along the way. So, please don't be sad because I'm getting sad..." I said, starting to get teary-eyed.

"Oh, Serena, it's just that you have much more left to do... I still have to get better in coordinating, if I ever want to be a Top Coordinator again. I decided that I am going to have to travel someplace else, in order to improve myself." May croaked out. I could see a tear falling down one side of her cheek.

I started crying along with her. We just laughed while crying. We then both pulled each other into a hug. I think we both felt the need to comfort each other.

"Serena." May said calmly. We were still hugging each other.

"Yes, May?" I asked. She then broke the hug and looked right at me.

"Don't stop your dream for me, go travel someplace else and become something greater!" she exclaimed to me.

"It will be hard to leave you, but when I come back to Hoenn... I'll be ready to face you again!" I exclaimed back.

"This time I won't lose, I will be more competent and win." said May.

"Me too! Don't expect me to go easy on you even if your my best friend!" I told her. She nodded in agreement.

"Well, I think I'm going to Alola for a vacation, to clear my head a bit. How about you?" my friend asked me.

"Well... I really don't know..." I said nervously.

"How about Galar! I heard they have some nice Pokémon and this cool phenomenon that turns Pokémon into huge giants!" she said to me. She had a big smile across her face.

"I guess... I'm not that sure, but I'll consider it." I responded.

"You could always go back to Kanto, for you know who." May told me.

I felt my face heat up in embarrassment.

"May!" I screamed out. She just chuckled at my reaction.

"I think I will go to Galar. It could help me gain some new skills and possibly new partners!" I told my friend.

"Let's head home before Max asks us what took so long." May said.

"Yeah."

*Time Skip to Next Day*
October 21, Lilycove International Airport

"Wow, I can't believe I would be back here after so long." I said. As I said that, I was remembering the day I left Ash and the Kalos siblings.

"I wonder what they are up to now?" I said to myself in my thoughts.

Suddenly, an announcement came up letting us know that my flight was about to takeoff.

"Well, Serena I guess you have to leave first." said May.

"I guess I do..." I said sadly.

"Don't worry Serena, we'll meet again soon! I promise you!" my friend said. I could see tears starting to form in her eyes.

"I promise you too! Take care of yourself!" I exclaimed with tears forming in my eyes.

"If you ever find him again, don't be afraid to tell him!!!" she said very loudly. Of course this made me extremely embarrassed because she always teased me about my crush on Ash.

"MAY!!!! I THOUGHT THIS WAS GOING TO BE A NICE GOODBYE!" I yelled at her while I was blushing like crazy.

"Bye, Serena!!!" she said. I was already making my way to the gate.

I waved back at her. I guess this goodbye...

I soon walked down the hall, waiting in line to board. I then handed my pass to the attendant and boarded the plane. I made my way down the aisle to my seat. Row G, Seat 2. At least it was a window seat.

In the time I was waiting, I reminisced on the last time I've been on an airplane. I also remembered my goodbye with Ash.

Last I've heard or seen Ash was his victory in the Alola League. I was so excited when he won because I knew it was part of dream. I wanted to contact him during that time last year but I was still nervous about his reaction to me... uhhh... kissing him.

Oh, Arceus I feel so embarrassed talking about it...

Suddenly...

"Attention all passengers, please put on your seatbelts as we are now getting ready for takeoff." the announcer said over the intercom.

I put on my seatbelt and got ready for takeoff. I then stared at the window, just to see the sun rising beautifly in the horizon.

Wow, that's sure is pretty. I was admiring the view. I have a feeling this was going to be a trip, I would remember.

*A/N: What did you guys think about this chapter? Was it a good introduction to Serena? The next chapters are more Ash chapters and a Pokemon battle coming soon! Stay tuned!*