Brooklyn and Seth listened to Ellie ramble about everything and nothing. Both of them reacted to her babbling as if she was telling the most amazing story they had ever heard.

Sue watched them with a smile on her face— she was really proud of how the two of them handled everything that life had thrown at them. They had blossomed into well-rounded young adults, and she knew that her granddaughter was in good hands.

"We should really get going if you guys want to be on time," Brooklyn's mom poked her head into the room.

"Alright," the couple replied in unison. 

Brooklyn pressed a kiss to Ellie's forehead, and passed her to Seth. 

"I will see you two at the ceremony, and I love you both more than anything in the entire world," Brooklyn said cheerily as she left the room. "Bye, Sue!"

Sue was staying with Seth and Ellie, so that he could get ready without having to mind after an overzealous toddler.

Brooklyn was getting ready with Leah at Sue's house— the wedding was at First Beach, so there wasn't a specific room at the venue where she could get ready, and Sue lived the closest. Neither Seth or Brooklyn had wanted a fancy wedding, so the beach felt like the right place. Plus, it had been a pretty cheap place to book— they only had to pay the permit fees, and figure out the chair situation.

"You look so beautiful," Brooklyn's mom said tearfully as Brooklyn finished putting on her dress. It was a floor length gown made of flowing white fabric, and it had lace detailing around the bodice and neckline. Brooklyn loved how confident the dress made her feel.

"Mom, don't cry," she cooed as she placed her veil on her head. 

"I can't help it," Jamie said as she dabbed under her eyes. "My baby is all grown up."

"You really do look beautiful," Leah interjected in an attempt to save Jamie's eye makeup from her emotions. "But we really should get going— you don't want to be late to your own wedding."

"I want to talk to my mom for a sec before we go," Brooklyn said to Leah, who nodded and promptly left the room.

"I need you to promise me that you'll be nice to Dad and Kathy and their kids," Brooklyn told her mother. "Like, I know he's an asshole, but he's my dad, and they're my family, and I really need you to keep it together, alright?"

"Jeez, kid," Jamie laughed. "Give me a little credit here. I know how to act in public, you know."

"I know," Brooklyn replied. "I just also know how you get when it comes to Kathy. Paul's temper didn't develop out of nowhere, after all."

"I'll be good," Jamie said. "I promise."

She pulled her daughter into a hug. "I love you, Brooke, and I am so freaking proud of you."

"I love you too, Mom," Brooklyn replied as she pulled away. She was so grateful to her mother— the woman who raised her, the woman who sacrificed so much to be able to take care of her and Paul, the woman who loved them unconditionally no matter what dumb shit they got into. 

"I'm so lucky to have you," Brooklyn told her.

"Funny," her mom replied warmly. "I think that about you and Paul every day of my life. Now, come on. You're gonna be late— and we haven't even taken pictures yet!"

After an ungodly amount of photos, her mother decided that it was time for them to get to the beach. Brooklyn could feel her leg bouncing in anticipation as they pulled up to the venue— this was it, she was officially becoming a Clearwater.