Hello Again

The walk to Amity's house was silent at first but once Luz started talking they didn't stop until they made it to her house.
Luz explained how she ended up bringing her mom with, and that she's wanted to come back for years but didn't know how her mom would react.
As they crossed the street Amity started to rub her arms even though she was wearing a sweater it was still pretty cold. Luz noticed this and took off her flannel. She then put it over Amity's shoulder's smiling. Amity blushed a deep red color "Luz, aren't you gonna be cold now?" She asked feeling guilty.
"I'll be fine." Luz said with a smile, Amity giving a thankful one back.
         "Well thanks for walking me home....I'm really glad you're back." The girl said with a smile.
  "No problem! And....me too." They hugged for the last time that day, and it was filled with the final feeling about how Luz was back and how happy they were to see each other. Amity pulled back waving "I'll see you soon?" "Yeah..." Luz said smiling as the other girl slowly walked into the dark house.

The lights suddenly flicked on as she walked through the door. "WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN?!" Amity's father asked furiously.
"IT'S TWO HOURS PASSED YOUR CURFEW! AND WHO WAS THAT GIRL?!" Amity fell silent.
She was in deep shit. Her father slowly walked up to her, his feet making the floor creak. "How should we punish you? What do you think, Amity?" He said getting closer, and once he was finally standing in front of her, he smirked as he saw his daughter start to cry.
"I think you know what happens when you disobey me..." the man said before punching her right in the jaw.
He continued to hit her on her arms, legs, stomach, face...wherever he could hit he did.

This had been going on for about two years now. It started with them just yelling at her like they always did, but then started to get violent.
When Amity was fifteen her dad started hitting her at first it was only on occasions, but then it turned into every week...then almost every day. Amity knew she didn't deserve it at first, but as the years went by she started to believe she deserved it.

"Stop! Please!" Amity screamed through her dad's hand over her mouth, not letting her yell in fear of disturbing Ed or Em.
Neither of them knew this was happening to her on account of it inly being her who was getting hit, and her dad said if she ever told them he would make her hurt in ways she didn't know were possible.
After the last punch was thrown to her arm, her dad walked away smirking "Worthless." Was the last word she heard as she passed out on the floor bruises all over her body.
        Amity soon awoke on the floor, she tried to stand but felt her body ache, so she tried again but more carefully this time. She slowly made her way to her room, laying down on her bed. She wished she could leave this place, leave and never come back. Often she dreamed about running away and going on adventures never having to see her parents again.
She looked down to see she still had Luz's flannel on, 'god Luz must be cold' Amity thought as she soon drifted to a heavy sleep.

Luz was in her way home when she started to shiver realizing Amity still had her flannel. But she didn't regret giving it to her one bit, as long as Amity was okay. 'God she looked so pretty today' Luz thought. She stopped in her tracks. Wait. Did I just say.....no I couldn't. Luz brushed it off and continued the walk home in the cold.

Once Luz made it home, she found a sleeping Kind next to Eda and her mom talking. "Hey~ I'm back." Luz said as she closed the door behind her and sat down next to King.
"Hey kiddo." Eda said, happy to see Luz again.
  "Soooo~ how was the walk?" Luz's mom asked raising an eyebrow.
"It was good! Why?" Luz asked confused as to why her mother was raising an eyebrow.
"Well you're shivering, where's you flannel?" "Oh...I uh lent it to Amity..." Luz said blushing.
"Ooooh~ looks like mija has a crush." Luz's mom said teasing her.
  "I-don't we're not...It-it's not w-we.....we're just friends..." Luz stuttered out.
"Sure~" she said with a smile and Luz's blushing face.
Eda burst out laughing "Kid you face is so red you look sunburnt." She said still laughing.
"I'm going to bed!" Luz said going up the stairs and into her room.
Although she was still embarrassed, she was happy that her mom was getting along with them. After all they didn't seem like they would.....but surprisingly they seem like they were getting along quite well when she came home.
'Maybe telling my mom wasn't as bad as I thought it would be.'
      Luz took off her beanie, and changed into an oversized white shirt with nothing but a red devil tail on the back of it. She unzipped her pants and slid them off leaving them on the floor, revealing her plaid boxers, and got into her cozy makeshift bed on the floor.
As she drifted to sleep she thought about how much Amity's style had changed, and how much her body had......matured. But she was still that same old Amity, green hair and hard to break shell, but once you break it she is one of the most wonderful people you'll ever meet.