The Truth

It was a 2 months passed Luz's 17th birthday when she decided she needed to tell her mom about the boiling isles. It had beens years since she had seen her friends and every day she spent here she felt out of place. She had been bullied before, but this past year, school has gotten worse and worse. So Luz decided today was the day she would tell her mom so she headed out of school with a determined look on her face when someone shoved her into a locker. "Freak!" The tall boy with the football jacket screamed spitting on her face.
He started to walk off when she mumbled "Fuck off." To herself, but the football player heard, and was not happy.
"What was that you fucking freak! Why don't you just kill yourself already, and do us all a favor!" He yelled before kicked her in the stomach.
But without her magic, she was defenseless...she was weak. The boy then swung his fist as hard as he could, Luz tried to dodge the punch but he hit her right in the nose, then throwing another punch straight to her jaw. After that all she saw was black. 'Is this what it's like to be dead?' Luz thought to herself.
"Mija! Wake up!" She faintly heard.
Luz slowly peeled opened her eyes to see her mom staring at her looking concerned, she was confused until she remembered what happened and realized she was still on the floor with bruises all over her face, arms, stomach, and legs. Everything hurt.
"Who did this to you mija!?" "I-I don't know..." she spoke faintly before being rushed to the nurses office to be treated.

"You are free to go, and we will do our best to find out who did this. You said he had a football jacket on correct?" "Yeah.." The short haired girl responded groggily.
"Alright, let's get you home mija, can you stand or do you need help?" Luz's mom asked concerned. "I'm fine." She stated as she tried to stand but instantly fell, her mom catching her.
They slowly walked to the car, and opened the passenger's seat door slowly getting Luz situated. Once they were both buckled they started the ride home.
"Mom...I have something to tell you..." "Oh, what is it mija?" "I...never really went to camp that first year.." Luz said wearily.
"YOU WHAT?!?" "I was going to when I found this door that leads to a whole different universe, where there's magic and monsters!" Luz's mom laughed "Phew I thought you were serious for a second there mija." She said still laughing.
"I am though! I made friends, and Eda took me in and I even learned to be a witch at magic school!" "Wow Luz, this is a great story, you could make a book! Now what do you want for dinner?"

After a car ride home of trying to explain to her mom that this place was real her mom was starting to get concerned on how detailed this story really was. Could Luz really make all that up? Yes, it has to be that place couldn't be real...could it? 
Once they were home Luz sat on the couch talking about all the adventures she had and talking about Eda, King, Willow, Gus....Amity.....god how much she missed her.
"And you really expect me to believe all of this mija?" Her mother asked now worried if Luz was hallucinating.
But once Luz said these words, that's when their lives changed forever. "I can show you but I can only do it once....if we go we'll have to stay for a while until Eda can find another way for us to go back there without the key." "Okay show me this magical portal!" Luz's mom said not believing her.
"You might want to pack a change of clothes first!" Luz yelled ecstatic.
This was it after three whole years her mom was going to go with her to the boiling isles. Luz was goi to get to see her friends and Eda and Kinda and.....Amity.
Once packed Luz back down the stairs she was wearing the biggest smile her mother had ever seen, holding a golden key with an eye on it in her left hand ready to go. 'I know this is crazy but I think Luz is being serious..' her mom thought to herself. "Aren't you going to get packed?" Luz asked with a serious face.
"Mom please...just...trust me?" "Fine mija but if I get packed for nothing your gonna be in big trouble!" Luz's mom then went up to her room reluctantly packing her suitcase.

Once they had made it to the bus stop Luz dragged her mom into the forest to the left of it. "Mija where are we going?!" "To the boiling isles if course!" Luz said with a huge smile.
Once they had made it to the broken down house Luz finally spoke. "This is it!" "This is just a broken down house!" "Well I have to put the key in first!" Luz explained.
"Okay this is crazy listen I trust you, but there's no such thing as ma-" and before her mother could finish her sentence Luz put the key in the door and opened it.
And there it was, the boiling isles! They made it! Luz pulled her mother in saying "we're here!"
As Luz's mom looked around the Owl House seeing it exactly as Luz described it she started to freak out. But after about a minute she heard a small voice say "LUZ!? IS THAT REALLY YOU?!?" "KINGGGG!" Luz shouted as she pet the tiny demon.
"Wait, did you say Luz?!" Eda shouted as she ran in the room.
'This is real? All the people and magic Luz talked about is REAL!?!' Luz's mom said to herself.
"Luz! It's really you! How you been kiddo?!"
This went on for quite some time talking about how their lives were until Luz introduced her mom. "Mom meet Eda and King I told you about them earlier, Eda, King meet my mom!" Luz said excitedly.
"Hey nice to finally meet ya! How ya holden up with all the magic junk?" Eda said drawing a circle with her hand making a picture appear.
"So this really is real?! I-I but how w-when did I-I don't.." "Well if you don't believe it, here's a picture of Luz on her fist day of magic school." Eda said showing the picture with one hand, and looking at the nails of the other.

After a couple of hours everything had just about been cleared up when Luz said "Oh! I still haven't introduced you to my friends, come on!" Pulling her mom out the door hearing "See ya kid! Have fun!" And "I'm getting more scratches when you get home, you hear me!"
While they were on their way to the school to see Gus and Willow Luz's mom spoke "Wow Luz, I'm sorry I didn't believe you this is all just so....crazy!" "Yeah I get it, I didn't believe it either at first but after a while I got use to it and now it's like my second home, I really feel like I belong here!" Luz said smiling from ear to ear.
That made Luz's mom so happy to hear, with all the bullying going on lately she was getting worried so seeing Luz really feel like she fits in warmed her heart to see. 'Maybe this place was where Luz belonged...' that thought stuck in her head until she head her daughter scream. "Gus! Willow!" At two kids sitting in the grass out side the school practicing magic.

          The boy who Luz's mom assumed to be Gus had darker skin, curly black hair, dark brown eyes, was wearing his blue school uniform and had grown a lot taller since the last time Luz and seen him and apparently a lot better at magic judging by the spell he was casting. The girl Willow was short, had big round glasses, had shoulder length teal hair and was in her green school uniform watching Gus until they heard Luz's voice yell their names.
"LUZ?!?" They both shouted at the same time.
They ran up to her pulling her into a big hug. Once they let go Luz said "Oh, guys meet my mom! Mom, this is-" "Gus and Willow, yeah I heard." She laughed.
"It's nice to meet you Mrs.Noceda!" Gus said waving.
"I like this one he's polite." Jokes Luz's mom.
"And it's nice to meet you too! And you as well Willow!" She replied smiling at the boy.
'I think I could get used to this place' Luz's mom thought as she waved at the both of them.

After they all caught up and got to know Luz's mom some Luz wanted to go see Amity. "Hey do you guys know where Amity is?" She asked hoping they might know.
"Uh, she's probably at the library other than that I'm not sure." Gus shrugged.
"Oh cool! Well I'm gonna try to find her! I'll see you guys later!" Luz shouted at she dragged her mom with her to the library.

Once the library came into sight she saw a familiar figure walking out of the building it was Amity.....but her style was different..... and it looked really good on her. She still had her green hair with brown roots the top up into a small ponytail in the back, her black triangle earrings, a black sweater tucked into a plaid skirt with a black belt and a chain hanging from it, black socks that came up just above her knees, black doc martens, and.....the bracelet. Luz was wearing hers too. Luz's mom noticed her starring at Amity and raised an eyebrow "I'm guessing that's Amity?" Luz's mom said smirking.
The girl with short hear snapped out of her starring and turned towards her mom saying. "Yeah....wait how did you know?" "Well you've been starring at her so I figured." She laughed as Luz blushed.
They  quickly walked closer until Amity looked up from fiddling with the bracelet Luz gave to her only to see Luz her herself. Only she looked different she was wearing a rock t-shirt tucked into a gray pair of corduroy jeans rolled up at the end, a brown belt, a dark purple beanie, a gray and black flannel, and black vans with white socks. But she still had that same hair cut, and that same smile that always made her feel happy no matter what. "LUZ?!" "AMITY!" Luz yelled back waving.
Amity dropped the books in her hands and ran up to Luz pulling her into the tightest hug she'd ever been given. But Luz hugged back just as much and they stayed like that for a minute just taking in each other's presence. "You're finally back!" Amity said with a huge smile, showing off her sharp k-9's.
"Miss me much?" Luz said making the both of them laugh.
Soon green haired girl sniffled and wiped off her tears with her hand. "Are you crying?!" Luz asked with a worried smile "I-I uh really missed you..." Amity spoke sniffling again.
Luz pulled back slightly to wipe off Amity's tear smiling. "I really missed you too." Luz said as they both blushed.
At this point she had forgotten her mom was watching this whole thing with a smirk. 'Oh Luz definitely likes her' she thought watching Luz wipe off Amity's tears.
Soon Luz realized her mom was still watching them and waving her over saying "oh and Amity this~ is my mom!" As her mom walked over Amity separated from Luz and held out her hand as she got closer.
"It's nice to meet you!" The green haired girl said with a smile "It's nice to meet you too! Luz has told me a lot about you." She said with a smile.
Amity blushed as well as Luz. Luz's mom said that partly because it was true Luz had talked a lot about her when they first talked about the boiling isles and also partly because she wanted to get a rise out of Luz, that's just what parents do.

The three of them talked for about an hour until Amity offered to show her around town. So the three of them went all over town, Amity telling her all about every place they stopped, she sure knew a lot about this place's history.
But soon they reached the end of the tour arriving at the Owl House. "Well that was really fun, thank you for showing me around the town Amity!" Her mother spoke.
  "No problem I had fun as well." Amity replied with a smile.
"One sec." Luz said leaving hooty to annoy Amity out side for a bit until she finally came back out.
"Sorry about that had to set up another makeshift bed in my room." Luz joked.
"But I uh wanted to walk you home so we could catch up some more, if you that's okay?" "Yeah! More than okay!" Amity laughed.