Chapter 30

Skyler

Skyler

I didn't get a blink of sleep last night thinking of Shane. His terrible state made me think about him. I tossed and turned in the bed and then gave up.

I gave the day off to Scarlet and I wasn't planning on going to work.
I was lazing on my bed when Noah calls for me. I was really not in the mood and the reason I didn't want to go to work because it was his birthday.

I didn't want to hear the girls discussing over it in the office. Yeah, he is married but he always has girls under his charm. I also planned on not watching the TV to dodge everything that will remind me that it is his birthday. I went downstairs and Noah was by the pool. He said still not registering the fact I had taken a leave."What is my favorite girl doing today? Now that she is finally taken leave off work."

"I planned of not getting out of my bed which I did so I don't know really." I said and he noticed my sadness."Why the frown on the face again? Wait..."

Noah takes a step closer to me and he starts tickling me. I couldn't stop laughing so I threatened him to stop."Stop or else..."

"Or else what..." Since he was not stopping and I couldn't stop him from doing so I pushed him into the pool. He dunks in and comes out of the pool cursing me as he was shivering."Fuck you, Skyler. The water is cold."

I laughed."Suits you." I didn't realize when he caught hold of my leg and pulled me into the pool. Damn, the water is cold.

"Now who was laughing." I stared at him. I got all wet now. "Fuck you, Noah." He winks. "Oh yeah."

"Wipe that stupid grin off your face," I said as I get out of the pool. I decided to take a quick shower and changed into something else.

"I am going out Noah. I will be home before dinner." I said to him as he was typing something on his laptop. When he heard me he turns his head to face me."I would have joined if I didn't have to go through all these auditions."

"It's fine. See you at dinner." I take the keys from the counter and waved him bye as he gets back to his work."Bye."

I didn't know where to go. I just drove and it led me to our old house. I did have a key and came here sometimes to just I don't know why but I felt good whenever I come here.

It didn't feel like he left because all the memories flashed by in front of my eyes. I pass by the kitchen and stand there for a moment.

I could see us when he wiped off the flour of my cheek and how he comforted me when I broke down.
I go upstairs and see us laying on the bed with all the pillows teared up and the feathers around.

At the library when he tickled me till I laughed and when he read me stories and I was busy looking at him as he read. Then I came outside by the pool and I saw us sleeping in a blanket close to each other. I couldn't stay back. I sat in my car and drove without knowing where to go. I just kept driving...