Chapter 7

Skyler

Skyler

Are my ears really ringing or am I dreaming? No, it is real. He did say I was his. I take a look at him and looks like he doesn't regret what he said. I was going to question him, yell at him about what he said but my voice came out low than I expected."Shane..."

"Skyler, you could have told me." Ron looked at me frowning."Wait, Ron."

"I am sorry. I won't interfere anymore." He smiles at me unapologetic smile and leaves and I look at Shane. He did that. Now everyone will think I am involved with him and everyone would back off.

I mean it is good actually and I kind of liked that but now people will talk all rubbish and spread rumors. Also, I wanted to know why did he say that to Ron? Would it possibly be that he likes me and can't see me with some other guy?
"Why did you do that?"

"Because he won't budge and you won't listen." He says. Of course, I am such a fool to assume he likes me. Why did he say that when it means nothing? I won't say it didn't hurt me."Is that all? I am leaving." He just spoilt the whole night."At last." He sighs and I glare at him."Not with you."

I start walking towards home. Shane starts his car and comes after me side by side sitting in his car as I walk, talking to me sticking his head out of the window. He keeps up with my pace driving along by my side trying to convince me to get into his car.
"Come on in. You can't go all the way walking."

"Oh really. Watch me."
Shane stops his car and runs over to me. He comes and stands in front of me. I stop walking and stand with my arms crossed over my chest looking up at him."Skyler, Listen to me."

"I still haven't forgiven you. What were you thinking? Now the whole office will know. They will say things and spread rumors and whatnot." I know all kinds of rumors that will spread. Ron will say to someone and it will spread like a forest fire. There was no way this was going to go unnoticed especially for him. He was the boss. Everyone is interested in his love life. Being his assistant there can be rumors about me sleeping with him for my job. He might know but this affects me a lot.

"Does it look like I care?" He tells but that makes me angry even more than I was. It was not just him. It is for both of us.

"I care Shane. I don't like all of this. I don't like people talking about me. I can't take it. I HATE RUMORS."
I have had my personal experience in this and it hurts like hell. I don't want to go through it all over again. I tried hard not to break down as memories flashed in front of my eyes.

"I am sorry Skyler." His eyes filled with guilt and concern. He did realize his mistake. The only thing that can make me feel better will be if he tells me why he said that.

"Then tell me why you said that to Ron?" Tell me now. Tell me you were jealous and you can't see me with someone else. Tell me you like me as I do. Say it out, Shane.
"Because."