Chapter XXIV

~Month 6~

Augustine's pov

I saw a black haired girl hanging out with Nasir and Leilani more oftenly. She looks like she's related to Lucinda. I went to Lucinda's room and knocked on the door. "Come in!" She said.

I walked in and smiled at her. "I think Nasir and Leilani found your sister." I said showing her the crystal ball. She gasped and looked at it. "That's Raven... I recognized that hair and those eyes anywhere.." She said.

I nodded. "It seems that they might be trying to find a way for you to see her again." I said to her. "I am taking that as a guess as well. If I know Leilani, she'll do anything to make me smile." She said with a soft smile.

"I understand that. It's exactly what I'd do for Nasir. I never want to see him upset." I said softly. "You really love him don't you?" She asked me. i nodded, my smile fading.

"What's wrong?" She asked. "I lost my parents when I was 13. They were killed in front of me." I said looking at me. "I'm so sorry Augustine.." She said hugging me.

I hugged her back softly. "I killed the guy that killed them shortly after I saw him stab them in the throat." I said. "You did? But you're so gentle. I never thought you would kill someone." She said looking at me and pulling away from the hug.

"I thought the same until that day. I went full deveta on him." I said. I could tell she knew I was a deveta from the day I met her. "Oh... Did the man become a werewolf afterwards?" She asked. I nodded.

"The man also cursed me when he saw me again. Any kids that are in my blood line will turn people into a werewolf or human if they we're already a werewolf or kill them in an instant if they bite a person or if the person looks into their untamed eyes." I said looking at her. "I'm so sorry that you're cursed. I wish I could help but I can't get rid of curses..." She said sadly. "It's okay Lucinda." I said patting her head.