Chapter XIV

~Day 14~

Nasir's pov

I was sitting on my bed and it was around midnight when I heard something. "Nasir!" The voice said. It sounded like a woman screaming my name. I walked outside of the room, following the voice.

When I was out on the back deck I saw a necklace appear on the ground. It was a blue cat looking at a half moon. The cat was on the left side. It seemed like it belonged to a pair of necklaces. "You deserve it. You're the true lover of my son Augustine. Thank you for finding him." The voice said.

"You're welcome, whoever you are." I said to the voice and I went back to my room with the necklace. I decided to put it on. It gently tapped the locket that I had already around my neck. Smiling, I entered mine and Leilani's room and plopped onto my bed quietly.

"The days are getting stranger the longer we're on this trip." I mumbled to myself. I drifted off to sleep after an hour or two. Little did I know that this dream was going to be far from normal.

~morning~

I woke up in the morning in a cold sweat. I remembered everything in the dream. It was Augustine's past! "That's why he never trusted anyone... That's why he lived alone... That's why when he saw me, he wanted to know more about me... I must have reminded him of his mother... Maybe it was because I was so nice?" I said to myself.

Leilani was out socializing once again and I couldn't believe what I saw in that dream. "Augustine, I swear that I'll make sure you're safe." I said, feeling his presence. I know when you feel the presence of a loved one you'll be able to hear them and they can hear you.