Chapter X

~day 10~

Adam's pov

~flashback to when he was alive and he was with Nasir~

"Nasir!" I yelled looking around the house for my son. We were playing hide and seek. He was an only child and he didn't have any friends at the time. "Ready or not here I come!" I yelled in a playful tone.

As I walked around, I heard a small giggle and picked up my son when I saw him. "Got you." I said smiling. "Daddy nu!" He squealed as I lifted him into the air.

He giggled at me and had a bright smile on his face. 'I hope that smile never fades.' I thought as I smiled back at him. I put his crown on his head, it fell to the side and he smiled at me again. "It's daddy's turn to hide!" He said in a happy tone.

I nodded. "Alright remember, count to ten." I said holding both of my hands up with all my fingers showing. He nodded and closed his eyes. I ran off to hide smiling. 'Never forget that I love you Nasir' I thought softly, 'even if you end up hurting me in the future, never forget that you're the most important thing to me aside from your mother.'

~end of the flashback~

I looked at the old picture I had in the hilt of my old sword, a purple sword with a black hilt. That memory is one of the only memories I have from when I was alive. It hurts to think that now when I talk to him he's going to hate me. Will he even love me after this?

I think about that day every day that I'm here. When am I going to tell him the truth about his life and me?