Chapter XXVIII

~month 10~

Nasir's pov

I looked at the knife my mom had given me, gently twirling it in my hand. The blade was against the wood of the desk and I held onto the handle. "Thinking are you?" I heard Leilani say. "Yes. I'm thinking about that day." I said softly.

She nodded at me "I think about what happened all those years ago too. It's hard to get what happened then out of our heads." She said softly. I sighed softly. I put the blade up and put the pocket knife back into my pocket. "There's other things I'm thinking of." I said to her.

"What else are you thinking about Nasir?" She asked me. "Just stuff. Mainly of the past and what would happen if I never met Augustine. I would have never figured out my actual sexuality if it wasn't for him." I said to her.

She nodded at me. "I think about that too sometimes. You and Augustine are so cute together and you guys just seem like an amazing couple." She said hugging me gently. I smiled softly and hugged her back. "Thanks Lei. I say the same about you and Lucinda." I said to her smiling.

"Thanks." She said with a soft smile. I sighed softly. "Are you two busy?" We heard Raven say. "No we're not. What do you- what happened Raven?" Leilani said running over to her to hug her.

"I lost my dad last night... He past away." Raven said crying. Leilani and I hugged her close. "His last words were for me to tell Lucinda that he's sorry." She said crying. I patted her head. "Everything is going to okay. I promise." I said to her.

Raven nodded but I could tell she was upset. I let Leilani and her hang out in the room while I told the captain of what happened to Raven's dad.