12. The Unforseen Moment

Hey all, I am back with the new chapter.
Hope you will enjoy this one as well.

I think it may be the most awaited moment for you all.

Happy reading guys... 😌

Abir was surprised to see the scene infront of his eyes.

His neighbour Mrs. Martin, a woman in her late 60's was standing with a red rose wearing a wide smile on her face. Abir smiled looking at her happy face. Mrs Martin always gave him a motherly love as she had no sons but only a daughter who is now in another country with her husband.

"Hello.... Mrs Martin.... What a pleasant surprise....!!!" Abir exclaimed happily greeting her.

"This is for you Mr Rajvansh...." and she handed the red rose to him.

"Are.... are you..... giving red rose....?"
He asked dramatically.

"No.... my son.... but it belongs to you..." putting the rose in his hand she went away before Abir could ask anymore questions.

He smiled looking at the rose and put it in his bag. He didn't think anything further about it as he trusts Mrs Martin.

He drove directly toward the hospital to be greeted by the security guard with a red rose again. Now this can't be normal. He became suspicious. The also went to check on other vehicles without waiting for him to ask anything. At the entrance of the hospital he found his closest colleague Mr Thomas with a bunch of red roses and handed it to him.

"What's this for.....???" Abir asked confusingly.

"I had done my job, now its your turn to find out what's going...." Mr Thomas blurted fast and went away as if his foot steps are racing with a running train.

Now a small smile crept on his lips and whispered "Mishti.." but he was not sure of it so he ran towards his cabin and sprinted inside as if he was sure to find his answer here. And he was not wrong. He found another bunch of red roses and a cake beside it which was written
"HAPPY ANNIVERSARY LOVE" on it.

"Anniversary....!!!!!" he exclaimed and checked the date in his phone and there hits the reality. He literally hit his forehead with his palm and whispered to himself,
"How can I forget..... Today is our anniversary.... But.... but all these.... Is she really here...?"

"Bhul gaye the na aaj bhi...." came a voice from behind..... The most awaited voice.

He couldn't control himself and load of tears left his eyes before turning back. As soon as he turned, she jumped over him and hugged him. He lifted her a bit with his strong hold and hid his completely soaked face in the crook of her neck.

Putting her down he cupped her face and place his forehead on hers.

"Thi... This.... is..... insane.... I..... I didn't expect this..... Thank you..... Thank you so much....", he tried speaking between his sob.

Kissing away the tears from his cheeks she said,
"I know that..... You'll be shocked..... but.. yeah..... this is the reason I told you to wait for few more days" she explained calmly as she knew that he was already out of control and continously sobbing.

He pulled her again to his embrace.
"Happy Anniversary jaan..... I love you.... I missed you so so much..." he whispered placing his lips on her head.
"I love you too... and I missed you more"

They came out of their embrace when the door opened suddenly and,
"SURPRISE...."

All his close colleagues and the Dean of the hospital came clapping and wishing the couple.