Chapter 10

"You are the risk I'll always take."

Angelica

I fast walked down the hallway as I left my last class. My phone beeped and I saw that I got a text from Hailey that they were at Escarlate and that I should hurry my ass up, I rolled my eyes at the text.

I suddenly bumped into someone, with my luck I thought it was the person Im avoiding but luckily it wasn't.

"Slow down girl." A pretty girl with tan skin and curly hair. I gave her an apologetic smile and a sorry.

"No worries."

I almost made it out to the stony path way of the campus when my eyes spotted a familiar 3 piece suit and piercing blue eyes heading my way. My heart raced at the sight of him, I immediately halted and did a not so subtle 180.

I internally cringed at my obvious evation. Way to not be obvious.

I just didn't know how to face him, I wouldn't even know how to act around him and I have know idea how to deal with how I felt during our last encounter.

Everything about him calls out to me and I found it scary how he never felt like a stranger to me, instead it was the opposite.

I was so distracted by my thoughts that I didn't see the guy sitting on the ground with his legs crossed in front of him. I let out a yelp and next thing I knew I was on the ground holding my knee.

It was sure a bright idea to wear a curdouroy skirt today.

I winced as I felt my knee throbbed and saw blood oozing out of it. " Ow - this is just great."

Yes, laugh at me world. Thankfully not a lot of people saw me fall into the pits of embarassment.

The guy I tripped over immediately went to my side. "God, Im so sorry - damn theres blood, sorry I cant deal with blood." He confessed while looking away.

"No worries. I can manage, it was my fault anyway, I wasn't looking at where I was going- but I could use some help standing up." I grinned at him sheepishly.

He was about to help me stand up when someone beat him to it and gently grabbed my arms and pulled me up, steadying me.

"Thank you so much Ill-" My mouth went dry as I saw who it was, I was met with icy blue eyes with concern and irritation in them.

"Mr. Wilson!" The student announced panicked.

Mr. Wilson glanced at him. "I'll take it from here Mr. Hall, you go on your next class."

He stared at me and Mr. Wilson and I gave him a reassuring smile thinking he looked like he was scared of him.
He looked at me one last time before apologizing again and leaving. A part of me didn't want him leave cause then Id be alone with-

"Did you have to go this far to avoid me?" He asked, slight anger lacing his voice.

"Pfft, I wasn't avoiding you." I lamely defended myself.

He looked at me plainly, giving me a you cant lie to me look. "You ran away the moment you saw me."

"Uh no, coincidentally I remembered I left something at my last classroom and I was in a hurry to get it.." I trailed off as he gave me a look that he was not buying my lame excuse.

My knee throbbed making itself known. I winced at the pain. Mr. Wilsons eyes went to my scraped knee and immediately filled with concern.

"Lets get you cleaned up before that gets infected." He began gently pulling me towards what I assumed to be the clinic. I pulled my arm back gaining his attention.