Chapter 4

"They asked me for drugs, so I told them about your smile."

Angelica

I was walking around our school library, I had a book report due next week and I still haven't decided what book. Our library was modern and spacious, it had bookshelves that seemed to go on for miles, and it also had study and lounging tables on some areas. I was a little cold today so I opted for a brick red sweater, dark blue skinny jeans, and some brown ankle boots.

As I browse the bookshelves, my mind seemed to go elsewhere.

Its been two weeks since that awkward and somewhat strange encounter with my math professor, during class he pretty much just ignored me, no more intense staring or secret glances, I let our an exasperated sigh, I don't know if it was in relief or in disappointment. I could feel my eyes widened, uh no Angel, Im gonna stop you right there, you are not dissapointed.

I shooked my head to get rid of that ridiculous thought. Seriously? He's my teacher, no weird thoughts about your hunk of a math teacher. I rolled my eyes at myself.

Thankfully, despite all my daydreaming, I managed to find the books I had in mind. Hamlet and Romeo and Juliet. Yes, this girl managed to pick Shakespeare when we drew for lots, talk about lucky, not. Only I would be able to draw the Father of Modern Literature. I stared at the two books on the shelf for a hot minute. My nose scrunched up in contemplation.

Hmm, I read a few chapters of his books online and boy was the man hooked on the tragedy genre.  I managed to break it down to these two books. These two books all had death and revenge in them, Hamlet more that the other, and I was not a big fan of the implied incest or whatever. Romeo and Juliet on the other hand, another classic, but wouldn't it be too mainstream? And talk about pressure, considering this might probably be every literature teachers favorite. Hmm.

I pursed my lips, deep in thought. So deep in thought that I didn't noticed someone standing next to me until a deep voice chimed in.

"Romeo and Juliet"

I jumped, startled. I looked next to me and was met with a pair of icy blue eyes.

"Mr. Wilson?" I spoke suprised.

He was leaning on the book shelf, wearing a black button shirt, with few buttons undone, black jeans, and black leather suede shoes. His dark ensemble and raven black hair brought out his eyes which were covered by his thick, long, and dark eyelashes. In other words, he was a sight to be seen. My mouth was slightly gaping and I immediately pursed my lips shut.

"Romeo and Juliet" He started again, grabbing the book from the bookshelf, opening it.

"A tragic romance, if its for a book report I personally recommend Romeo and Juliet"

"Really ? Why?" I asked.

"It tackles a theme that is still universally relatable to this day, revenge, death, love.." His eyes finding mine, his voice putting me in a trance

"It shows how love and hate can make you do outrageous things, without minding the consequences." He
continued, he talked about it like he was experiencing it himself.

"Its an overpowering force that goes above other values.." He chuckled deeply, almost as if he was laughing to himself. He closed the book which made me snap put of my trance.

I let out a breathe through my nose, smiling, I gathered my wits " I didn't think you would be into these kind of things Sir."

"Books or romance?"

"Both?" I asked back

"There are a lot of things you dont know about me Ms. Morgan"

His peircing gaze met mine once again which made me look away biting my lip. The other books suddenly looked so interesting.