Chapter 1

Life is like math, if its going too easy, there's something wrong

——————————————
Angelica

"Theres something about the sunshine baby, Im seeing you in a whole new light, out of this worl-"

I groaned as reached out to my night stand and I turned off my alarm clock. Ugh, I question myself everyday why that was the music I set up. I rolled around my bed for a few minutes before dozing of to sleep again.

"Hey ready to head out?" I hear someone say as she knocked on my door before opening it. Alli.

I shot up from my bed. Oh my god. Did I just - no. "Okay, why are you not dressed yet?" I heard her ask.

" I know, I know, but my 5 minutes nap turned to 45 minutes" I exclaimed while grabbing my towel and hurriedly made my way to the bathroom.

I heard her laugh from outside the door "You better hurry."

I took a quick shower, wrapped a towel around my body and hair and immediately went to my closet to pick out my clothes for the day. After changing into a comfy loose sweater, green checkered skirt and brown knee high leather boots and black knee socks.

I removed my towel from hair and tried to comb through it, key word tried. I looked at my mirror I saw my dark auburn hair was a mess, it had tangles everywhere, my face was red all over, decorated with freckles and my boring green eyes stared back at me. After doing all that I can with my hair, I put on a little eyeliner and lip gloss and I was good to go.

I ran outside with my bag on my shoulder "About time and with 5 minutes to spare "

Alli sat up from the couch "Lets go" she grabbed her bag and put it on her shoulder. I grabbed an apple from our small kitchen table "Yeah, sorry about that."

She shrugged "Its fine, you know I would never leave you behind."

I awed inside, she never did, in our two years being roommates, no matter how late I was and I would do the same for her as we all had our late days. We fast walked to the school, we fortunately live in an apartment building in front of our college, so it didnt take long to reach the gates.

It was the first day of new semester so I could see a lot of students walking around the campus probably trying to find their class or probably some as late as we were. Lot of freshmen this year too. We made our way to the school shuttle since our department building was all the way to the other side of campus, we couldnt exactly walk there and we didnt have car so..

We earned a lot of stares a we sprinted bye, by we I mean Alli, I couldnt blame them she was gorgeous, her honey blond hair with ash brown roots glowed in the sunlight, her calculating chocolate brown eyes and high cheek bones, she was naturally beautiful. She was wearing a loose peach sweater, ripped skinny jeans and dark brown leather knee high boots. Her face made you look but it was the way she carried herself that made you stand and stare, she had this air around her, not that she wasn't approachable, she was but it seemed like if someone were to try and fight her in any way she would fight right back and win. She was awesome that way, she has stood up for me more than once and I was lucky to have her in my life.

We got out of the shuttle and I furrowed my brows in confusion.
"Uh this isnt our department building."

"I know its not." she stated casually.

"What are we doing in the Math and Sciences Building?" I asked as we sprinted in.

Her face scrunched up " Did you forget what I told you last week?" I look through my brain and came up with nothing. She looked at my face and sighed.