Chapter 3

Real love doesn't meet you at your best, it meets you in your mess - J.S. Park

Angelica

My mouth was slightly ajar when I snapped out of it. I looked at Allie beside me who just had a disinterested look on her face, Mira who was already scanning her book, and Hailey who was already looking at me.

"He's hot" She mouthed

"Uh.. yeah" I laughed awkwardly. She wiggled her eyebrows suggestively in response. I just narrowed my eyes at her. I focused my attention to the board.

Why was this a big deal? So what I bumped into him earlier, this is nothing, I have been in way more embarassing situations. Brush it off Angelica. I took a deep breath and collected myself. Focus, this was not gonna affect my third year at college.

I told myself that but one look into his icy blue eyes had my heart racing, God why? I groaned inwardly.

"Whats wrong ?" I heard Mira asked in concern.

But before I could answer I heard his deep voice echo throughout the room and our attention went to him immediately.

"Eyes here students"

The class settled down and gave him the utmost attention, especially the girls who giggled and shushed each other. I mouthed to Mira that it was nothing. He began to write on the board and discussed about chapter one of our book.

I managed to understand a few topics more or less, note to self to ask help from Hailey or Mira later.

Surprisingly the class went smoothly, his eyes didnt seem meet mine since the class started and ended. I don't know wether to be happy or disappointed. No, Angelica, you should be happy you weren't distracted for the entire class. Now if only I could ignore his entire face.

He dismissed our class, the other students stood up and I followed immediately, standing up, I grabbed my books and prepared to leave.

"Why are you in a hurry?" Mira questioned.

I stopped what I was doing. "Im not" I answered too quickly.

"Okay." She said disbelievingly, eyebrows raising.

"Lets just go to next period." Hailey convinced.

We headed down the steps that lead to the door. When I was almost out the door, I tried to stop myself from looking back at him but I couldn't, the temptation was too much.

I looked at him for a flash second, to see that he was already looking at me. My eyes widened and I immediately looked away, my face turning read.

We were walking down the hall when Allie turned to me "That Professor was staring at you so much."

She noticed?

"What? No way!" I laughed akwardly.

"Yeah, he was like burning holes at the back of your head when we headed out" She added, eyebrows furrowed. My eyes widened.

Hailey whistled. My head snapped to her "Get it girl!" She winked.

Mira scoffed " No, she will not "get it" he is an honorable teacher and she is a student, she will not be tainted by your delusions" She smacked Hailey on the arm which she just laughed at.

" I mean have you seen the man? He's a walking Greek God" Hailey exclaimed, her hands all around the place.

"I wouldn't blame anyone if they wanted to sin at the sight of him" She added dreamily.

"Hailey!" Mira exclaimed. Making us shake in laughter.

I shooked my head at them and sighed.

"But seriously, he must have been staring because I bumped into him before class, literally" I explained to them what happened. Hailey was all giddy at the end of it.

"So yeah, maybe that was why" I ended.

Allie hummed disbelievingly " I don't think that was why." This girl was too perceptive for her own good. I mean even I thought that was why, why else? I mean I was like that sometimes, In a place where I don't know anyone, my eyes would zoom in to anyone who was familiar.

I looped my arm into her arm "Don't think too much about, it was probably nothing" I convinced.

"Okay.." She muttered.

"It should be nothing, he is a bloody teacher" Mira piped in.

"Well, if you dont want him, Ill take him" Hailey joked.

"You already have Tyler, Hailey" Mira dead panned.

Hailey turned red and started getting flustered, tripping over her words. Until she gave up.

"Ugh. I hate you guys." She groaned.

We all laughed at her.

---------------------------

Alexander

"I found her" Phone in my hand as I walked down the hall into my private office. I could hear rustling from the other line of the call.

"And? Did she recognize you?" He questioned.

"No, she looked at me like I was a complete stranger." I sat on my chair , my other hand on my cheek.

He chuckled "You shouldn't be surprised, Its been like what, 10 years? Not to mention the accident."

I sighed, unimpressed. Stopping my mind from going back to that day.

"She's been away from me long enough" I stared at a picture on my desk, it was framed simply with modern black borders and two kids smiling at the camera.

"Be patient brother, you don't wanna scare her away like her parents did" He warned. I scoffed.

"But honestly, A teacher ? Could you not have disguised yourself as something else?" He asked.

"There was no otherway to approach her undetected or else she would've moved again."

"Yeah yeah, but they've stopped moving a long time ago, maybe her parents doesn't care about what happened now."

"I highly doubt it brother" Yes. I considered the possibility but after doing everything to make sure their daughter isnt anywhere near me and for them to just stop? Highly unlikely.

He sighed on the other line before speaking again. "So? What did she look like?"

I pictured her flustered form, freckles decorated her cheeks and button nose, her face a beautiful shade of red from running, emerald green eyes that shone in the light, and her cherry lips slightly parted.

"Breathtaking"

I broke out of my reverie when someone snickered from the other line.

"Someones falling in love." He sang. I rolled my eyes.

"Shut up."

My brother laughed. "She's beautiful then? Good luck to you brother."

And with that, I ended the call. I laid back on my chair, pinching the bridge of my nose and let out a frustrated sigh. My eyes zoomed back to the picture frame. I went to pick it up.

"But you'll be with me for the longest time, wont you Xander?"

"Of course Angel, the longest time."

Her voice echoed through my mind as a pair of big green eyes flashed with it. My chest tightened.

My gripped on the frame hardened. The world will burn before I let you out of my grasp again.

---------

Leave a comment guys 😊