chapter thirty-two

Start from the beginning

"You aren't useless, Ivy. We'll find them, all of them, you hear me," Scott pulled away from the hug and looked at Ivy in the face as he spoke that last part. Ivy nodded, as she wiped away a tear that she didn't even know escaped her eye.

"Come on," Scott told her as the two walked downstairs where they heard the pack talking. "My dad's got an APB out," they heard Stiles say. As a warily Kira asked, "For a 5'8" 16-year old?"

"I recommended nine-foot tall rampaging werewolf."

"It still might not be him..." Ivy heard her boyfriend say and her eyes dropped to the ground. She understood what Liam was feeling. There was a part of her deep inside that also wished that Mason wasn't the beast. "But, Hayden's at the school looking," Liam added, and Ivy was glad to hear that her best friend was helping them out.

Scott and Ivy make their presence known. "My mom can check all the hospitals in the country." The entire pack turns around to see Scott and Ivy.

"We can find him," Scott states, mainly looking at Liam and Ivy when he spoke, as a way of reassuring them.

"What happens then?" Liam and Ivy said at the same time. The couple shared a small smile.

"We figure out a way to save him." Liam and Ivy nodded, more than relieved to hear that the ultimate plan was to actually save their friend instead of killing him.

"Okay, where else could we look?" Liam asked.

Ivy turned to Scott for an answer, "Let's ask Corey." Ivy frowned at the sound of her friend's name. Scott quickly reaches over towards the cupboard and roughly yanks Corey out of mid-air.

Ivy gasps as she realizes that Corey had been there the whole time and had been eavesdropping on them.

"Wait! WAIT! It's not my fault! They took him, and I couldn't do anything. They took him!"

Ivy curiously watched Corey as she and Scott both thought the same thing. "Who?"

"The Dread Doctors."

Ivy turns to face Liam and the two of them share a look of mixed fear and worry for their friend.

✯☾✯

Josh leaned back against one of the stair railings, as he shoved his phone back into his jean pocket. Ivy had been calling and messaging him non-stop. But he hadn't found the best time to answer her. Theo had been on his neck all day, and he didn't want Theo listening in on their conversation.

So Josh decided to sit back and observe everything that was happening around him. "What about this?" Josh heard Tracy ask as she picked up the jar of Belasko's talons.

Theo shook his head, "They're useless if we don't know who it is."

"Actually, they're just useless." Deucalion corrected. Josh had mixed feelings on Deucalion. He knew that Ivy really cared for him and that he meant a lot to Ivy. But then again he couldn't just ignore the fact that Deucalion wanted Scott McCall's eyes. And that Ivy was currently back in Scott's pack. Josh didn't appreciate the amount of confusion occurring in his brain.

Theo ends up sending Deucalion a dirty look. "Didn't Hayden mention that? Where is she, by the way? I hope her moment of dissent didn't turn into actual dissertation." Deucalion took in a deep breath, "What about the other one? Corey? None of us can see him, blind or otherwise... So I'm guessing he's not here either. Oh, and what about, my little star pupil? She's not here either. I'm guessing she finally decided to go astray."

Josh decides that this is his breaking point, his last straw. He was gonna leave this place and Theo's pack. He was finally going to stop avoiding Ivy's phone calls/messages and take up her offer. Ivy wanted him to join Scott's pack, and he was about to take up that offer. He was sick and tired of Theo.