chapter forty-three

SPELLBOUND

chapter forty-three

Ivy hadn't noticed the booming music coming from inside the McCall house until she stepped foot inside

Ivy hadn't noticed the booming music coming from inside the McCall house until she stepped foot inside. Her mind had been in a whole other world until the flashing lights snapped her out of it.

"You got to be kidding me," Ivy mumbled under her breath, as she went in search of her boyfriend and friends, past the drunk, dancing high school teenagers.

"Hey, not there," She heard the voice of her boyfriend as he appeared to try and stop students from damaging Scott's house.

"Liam," Ivy spoke as she approached him. "This was Mason's brilliant idea?"

Liam gave her a small smile as he shrugged. "I'm not a fan of it either."

"Oh!," Liam yelled as he noticed that a hanging picture of Scott & Melissa was about to fall from the wall. He raced to save it, from smashing, and saved it, he did.

Ivy followed behind him, as Nathan Pierce arrived. "You stole my party," Nathan accused as he looked straight at Liam before he pushed him against the wall. "What, are you gonna steal lacrosse captain, too?"

"Hey, ass head, let go of my boyfriend!" Ivy demanded, but Nathan paid no attention to her.

"I didn't think you'd be mad," Liam answered, ignoring the lacrosse captain part.

"How'd you think I'd take it?" Nathan asked.

"In hundreds?" Mason stated as Ivy wondered where he had come from. Nathan took the money as he left them alone.

"I'm starting to think this wasn't a good idea," Liam told them.

Ivy scoff, "You think?"

"Scott told us to do whatever it takes to keep Gwen safe," Mason stated.

Ivy rolled her eyes, "I don't think he meant by throwing a party."

"Now what if Melissa shows up?" Liam asks.

"Oh, I'm definitely not taking the blame for this!" Ivy raised her hands in defense.

"She already doesn't like me," Liam stated.

Ivy nodded, "Yeah, she really isn't your biggest fan. I think she just barely tolerates you because we're dating, but one screw more screw up & that's practically gone."

"Babe, how is that helping?" Liam asked. Ivy shrugged, "Sorry."

"She's got the night shift. She won't be home until 4:00 am and we'll have this place cleaned up way before then," Mason explained.

Ivy sent Mason a surprised yet also concerning look, "How do you know Melissa's schedule better than I do. And I'm the one who lives with her!"