49th Page: Suspicion

Border Town, Kiten

"Seriously? Anyone? Why the hell is there a tree here?! This wasn't here before. Neither were these meteors falling!" (Y/N) deadpanned, jabbing his fingers at the sight before him.

"If I had to guess, it'd be the work of that masked jerk and the firecracker. Seems like they got serious." Yami breathed out a puff of smoke, taking in the scene before him. William and Rin had truly held nothing back...

But even then, he had to admit.

Their strength in the battlefield was immense. If he had to classify the two Captains, they'd be anti-army. The Diamond Kingdom really ran out of luck this time...

"Well, I'm gonna go and check up with those idiots. You four help the townspeople below, and try not to die. Even if most of them were taken down, a Warlord might still be lurking. Don't let your guards down." Yami, after issuing his warning, left the group as he began to ascend up the Great Mistelteinn Tree, the stars falling around him seemingly moving out of his way...

"And there he goes..." Finral cried comically, seeing Yami disappear into the leaves above. If a Warlord was truly lurking, staying with Yami or any of the other Captains would be the safest choice...

"Alright. First, I'm going to get myself a piece of that fruit!" Charmy drooled as she stared at the Mistelteinn Tree. Surely it contained yummy treats!

"Damn...are there even any enemies left to fight?" (Y/N) remarked helplessly, seeing the spells around him. Who could possibly remain after such a barrage?

Asta stared silently forward, carefully gazing over the town, his arms still bound by wraps.

"Charmy's drooling...(Y/N) wants to pick a fight...and Asta's wounded...it's official. I'm nervous." Finral smiled emptily, droplets of sweat rolling down his face nonstop. If a Warlord popped up, he was dead. Certainly dead.

"Well, whatever. No use in standing around here. C'mon, let's go see if there's still people who need help around town." (Y/N) shrugged nonchalantly, before taking a step forward and falling down the wall, the others on his trail with Charmy's floating cloud.

Yet, up above, on one of the highest branches of the Mistelteinn Tree, a certain man stood silently.

"Good grief. Apparently, there was an incredible amount of magic on the battlefield. It's almost overkill that Rin casted her own spell." William muttered absentmindedly, staring at the seemingly infinite meteorites. They looked more like fallen stars than anything else...

"Hey~hey~." A melodic voice spoke, William turning his head to the side to find a familiar figure, draped in her own white cloak, riding in on a silvery star.

"Rin." William smiled slightly, giving a nod to his fellow Captain.

"Think that took care of them?" Rin asked curiously, an innocent shine in her aquamarine eyes as an alluring smile formed on her face.

"Certainly. Any who remain will be wiped out in time. Victory for the Clover Kingdom is all but assured." William smirked, Rin smiling as she hopped off the star beneath her and onto a branch a small distance from William, their cloaks waving in the wind...

Victory was all but assured.

"We've suffered a huge loss! Our army has been basically wiped out!"

"Our army...has basically been wiped out?" Brocks repeated upon hearing the news, his eyes wide in shock. How had they instantly defeated hundreds of mages...?!

"Grr...curse you...!" Brocks grit his teeth, growling as he used his magic to begin rising towards the top of the Mistelteinn Tree, intent on meeting the causes of his army's defeat. He wouldn't let them get away with this...!