23rd Page: Undead Liberation

Capital Town, Kikka...

Chaos reigned through the Capital Town of Kikka despite the efforts of the Magic Knights, the remaining Noble's running for their lives, terrorized by the zombies around the Capital.

However, hope was yet to be lost. As the Magic Knights fought valiantly, the invading monsters slowly faded, a clear decrease in their numbers. Or, at least for a moment before new monster rose once more.

Slowly, the Magic Knights held back the seemingly endless hordes.

"There has to be someone controlling all of these!" Alice shouted as she sent a stream of black flames with lilac hints towards the zombies in front of her, obliterating them.

"Agreed. However, there's too much rampant mana to get a clear location." Fuegoleon agreed with the girl, however he shook his head helplessly. These creatures indeed possessed mana, but they weren't alive. However, such a case caused the mana to run rampant around the Capital, making it almost impossible to track the locations of others.

"Haaaaaaa-!" A loud voice shouted in the distance, prompting Alice and Noelle to turn in its direction.

"Is that Asta?" Alice asked with a sweatdrop.

"It's a loud and annoying voice, I think that matches." Noelle equally sweatdropped as the two turned back to the two Crimson Lion mages.

"We're going on ahead, there might be people towards this way!" Alice gave the other two mages a heads up, beginning to run off as Noelle followed behind.

"They sure are energetic." Leopold spoke as he saw the two run off.

"As long as they can aid in the goal of saving the people, it doesn't matter." Fuegoleon shook his head as he sent out another [Sol Linea], once more shredding the undead hordes.

"Guess as much." Leopold also nodded, returning to fighting off the remaining undead in the area, the combined teamwork of the two flame mages swiftly taking down the undead.

With Alice and Noelle...

The two Black Bulls ran in silence, a tense atmosphere in the air between the two as they ran.

"Hey, Alice...where do you think (Y/N) is?" Noelle broke the silence, asking her friend with an unsure expression, unaware of where the (h/c) haired boy had gone.

"I'm not sure, I can't sense his magic from here." Alice shook her head, though a glint of worry appeared in her eyes.

"Why do you ask?" Alice then turned to look at her friend, though she didn't stop running as Noelle looked down with a slight blush.

"I-It's not like I l-like h-him or an-nything..." Noelle stuttered out as Alice then smirked mischievously.

"Oh? I didn't mention anything about liking him~." Alice teased as Noelle blushed a deeper red, smoke rising from her ears as embarrassment clearly coated her face.

"S-shut it!" Noelle stuttered out in embarrassment, causing Alice to laugh slightly as a smile formed on her face, turning her attention back to their front, focusing on running once again.

"But...you wouldn't be the only one who likes him..." Alice smiled slightly, shaking her head slightly as she thought of this.

"Hiaaaa!" Hearing the yell, Alice and Noelle nodded to each other before breaking off, Alice going to the left and Noelle to the right.