Chapter 3: Attack

'Attack'

23-Jun-2030, 2315S

LCDR Percy Jackson, US Navy, Son of Neptune

Joint Operation with Hunters of Diana

Killdeer Mountains, North Dakota, USA

I think I may have insulted the Fates one too many times. Why else would I be grouped with a bunch of misandrists for the team Thalia and I have to lead?

Hold on, let's back up for a second. My name is Lieutenant Commander Percy Jackson of the Naval Special Warfare Development Group, otherwise known as DEVGRU, or as like the public calls us, "SEAL Team Six."

Yes, I lied to Thalia and the rest, but it's for the sake of OPSEC—operations security.  It's one thing to say you've worked with SOF.  It's another to say you're part of DEVGRU or even just a SEAL.  We don't talk about it much.  Even my own family is unaware of the fact that I'm in DEVGRU, and all they know is that I'm a SEAL.  They also follow the rule of not talking.

Anyways, I command 1 Troop of Blue Squadron—one of DEVGRU's four assault squadrons—under the callsign "Blackbeard."

In regards to my mythological side, I'm a son of Neptune and Poseidon. As it turns out, my mother managed to unite my father's Roman and Greek forms. I prefer the Roman forms, despite having originally grown up as a Greek, and this may actually be due to my longstanding interest in a military career. However, while I prefer the ways of Camp Jupiter and New Rome, Camp Half-Blood will always be a home away from home.

Speaking of which, I returned home after two decades of almost non-stop service to be on leave for two years. According to my commanding officers, I need a break. So, I'm taking the time to visit my mom, stepdad, and little sister. At least, I was until Father showed up...

SEVERAL HOURS EARLIER...

It was during the afternoon in Virginia Beach, Virginia. I was at home playing chess with Paul Blofis when there was a knock at the door. I turned towards him, only to find an expression that mirrored my own confusion.

"Are you expecting someone, Dad?" I asked. Yeah, I call Paul "Dad." He may not be my father by blood, but he has been a true parent to me.

He shook his head. "You?"

"No," I said slowly. We got up and walked to the door and opened it to see none other than...

"Father?" I said, surprised.

"Neptune?" exclaimed Dad.

You may be wondering why Dad isn't addressing him as 'Lord.' Well, Father ended up getting over Mom, since he still loved Salacia, his wife, and became good friends with my mother and stepfather. For this reason, Father requested for him to drop the 'Lord.' He was actually Estelle's godfather, per my request, and Mom and Dad heartily agreed. Now, as to why Dad referred to him as Neptune, not Poseidon like he did originally... we'll get to that in a bit.

"Hello, son! It's good to see you again!" he said as he brought me in for a hug. I hugged him back. It was a surprise to be sure, but a welcome one.

He then released me from his arms. "Paul! How's it going?" he asked as he raised his right hand. Dad responded in kind, the two clasping each others' hand in a firm shake, followed up by a brief hug. A bro-hug, if you will.

"Sweet mother of mercy," said Dad as he grinned. "It's been a long time!"

"Likewise, Paul. How are Sally and little Estelle?"

The Warfighter, the Storm, and the Moonजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें