Chapter 33: Was I finally safe?

Danyel's point of view

After running for what felt like decades, I decided to take a break. I sat down behind a tree thinking of a plan. Since stopping a car got me back to being kidnapped, I decided not to go with that. You can't trust nobody on these streets. I had no idea where I was, I was just happy to be away from those disgusting men. I wonder who made them take me? I was so hungry. So thirsty. What I would do for a burger right now. I think it's Monday. Wow being kidnapped makes you forget what day it is. I missed school. I didn't get any sleep. I think I almost ran all night.

"Hey, are you alright?"

I got up really fast and started to run.

"Hey wait!"

"Stay away from me!"

"I want to help you!"

I stopped running as she caught up to me. Damn this chick can run.

"What are you doing here?"

"I don't trust you. You could be apart of it."

"Apart of what?"

"The kidnapping."

"No sweetie. I have kids of my own."

"Okay, I need help then. Where am I?

"You are in Dallas."

Oh my gosh. I'm so far from home.

"Tell me what happened."

"I got kidnapped...twice! I got away the first time then a car stopped pretending to be concerned, turns out he was apart of it too! I got away again and I ended up here."

"Oh my gosh! Let's get you to the hospital, you can call your parents on the way."

"Okay."

I got in the car and we we're on our way. She gave me the phone, I took a deep breath, and dialed the number.

"Hello?" My mom answered. She sounded so sad.

"Hey mom, it's Danyel!"

"Danyel? Oh my God. Are you okay? What happened? Where we're you?"

"Calm down. I'm fine. On my way to the hospital."

"What hospital?"

"Hold on. What hospital?"

"It's called Dallas Grace."

"Thanks. It's Dallas Grace."

"That's so far. How did you get there?"

"I'll explain everything when you get there."

"I love you."

"Love you too! Bye"

"Thank you so much."

"No problem. I'm Gracie by the way.

"Danyel. Nice to meet you."

Corbin's point of view

I just got home from school. I was hoping my phone would ring. I got nothing all day. It sucked being without Danyel. My phone finally rang and it was her mom.

"We are on our way to you. Danyel called she is on her way to the hospital!"

"Oh my gosh, you found her!"

"Yes, we got Talia. Be ready."

My sucky day turned into a great day just like that. I was so happy we finally found her. I wonder what happened? I jumped out of my thoughts when I heard a honk from outside. I jumped up and ran downstairs. I told my parents they found Danyel and they said they would be up there later. I opened the door and got in the car. I gave Talia a hug and she smiled.