Chapter 9: Our time

I walked home and seen the girls weren't there to bother me. I guess they got the message I thought smiling.

"There she is and that Corbin guy isn't with her."

"Why are we always bothering her? What did she do to you?"

"None of your business. Are we doing this or not?"

"Fine. Whatever."

"Okay. Get ready."

"What the hell man?" I yelled as they threw a bucket of paint at me.

"Oh, our bad. We didn't see you there."

"Sure you didn't."

"See y'a and good luck washing that out."

I stood there miserable as they walked away laughing. I waited until they left and started crying. I went up to my room and found some clothes to change into. Still crying I got in the shower and wondered what made them hate me so much. They kept yelling at me saying I was ugly, all these horrible things to me and I said nothing. I just stood there in shock. Thinking about this made me to cry even more. My thoughts we're interrupted with a knock on the door.

"Yeah?"

"We can have friends over right? Tay asked.

"Yeah just a few."

"Okay."

I got out the shower and seen a text from Corbin. Be there at 7. I was so distracted I forgot he was coming tonight. What do I wear? What movie should we watch? Before I freaked out anymore I called Talia.

"Hello?"

"Hey, so Corbin is coming tonight, those girls messed with me again, I don't know what to wear and I'm freaking out!"

"Alright, breathe girl breathe. So you said those girls messed with you? What happened?"

"They threw paint at me and basically called me all these names I'm starting to believe."

"Don't listen to them. Did you tell Corbin?"

"No, I don't think I will. I don't want to ruin tonight. Speaking of tonight, can you please help me figure out what to wear?"

"Danyel. This is someone you have known your whole life. Wear what you want to."

"The thing is I don't know."

"Okay, wear some jeans and a cute shirt. Something hot."

I giggled and said, "Thanks."

"No problem. I'm going to let you get ready. Let me know how it goes okay? Text me if you need anymore advice. Bye"

"Bye." I said hanging up.

I looked at the clock and it was almost 6. I texted back Corbin saying Okay, I'll be here. I wanted to say I'll be waiting but that sounded to sexual. I decided to wear a purple tank top and some blue jeans. With my hair still in a braid I headed downstairs to see my brother in the kitchen getting food with his friend. Dan headed out with his friends. He better not be out to late.