Chapter 18: Miserable

~Corbin's point of view~

I was trying to focus on football but my mind kept going to Danyel. How could she hurt me like that? Something had to have happened. But I couldn't put my finger on it. I shouldn't have told her we couldn't be friends. Being around her would hurt because I wouldn't be able to kiss her or tell her how much she means to me but at least I was around her. It would hurt more not seeing or talking to her at all. She is to important for that.

I realized practice was over. That was fast. I have to talk to Danyel and tell her we can be whatever she wants us to be.

"Hey Corbin." Greta said.

"Hey, sorry I gotta go."

"Wait. She said stepping infront of me."

"Yeah?" I said getting annoyed.

"You did great out there."

"Thanks."

"So, my parents are out of town this weekend and I'm throwing a party. Do you wanna come?"

"Maybe."

"Cool. See you later."

"Bye."

"We have to make sure he comes to the party and Danyel comes to." Greta said

"Why? I thought we we're trying to keep them apart?" said haley

"We are. But I want Danyel to see me and Corbin making out. I know Corbin won't kiss me unless he sees Danyel with someone else. So you are going to pay a guy to kiss Danyel and I'll make sure Corbin is looking. Then he'll feel all pathetic and I'll kiss him and you make sure Danyel is looking. Boom Corbin will be mine."

"Devious."

"I know right. Can't wait for this weekend."

I got home and went upstairs to take a shower. I went into my room and found my phone and was getting ready to text Danyel..then I realized what if she is mad at me and doesn't reply back? I probably hurt her more then she hurt me. Maybe I should talk to her tomorrow. Face to face is better.

~Danyel's point of view~

I laid on my bed staring at my phone hoping it would buzz and I got a text from Corbin. So far nothing. I had finally stopped crying but I was about to start again. I had just seen Corbin and I missed him already. I didn't even come down for dinner. I was to depressed to eat. I wanted to talk to Corbin and tell him everything. I heard my phone buzz. I jumped with excitement until I seen who it was from then my heart dropped. It was from Talia.

How you doing? You didn't text me

I'm fine. You know just crying and hoping Corbin will text me.

Here's an idea. How about you text him?

No, he said he needed space so that's what I'm giving him. When he texts me I know we can be friends again.

But that's not what you want, is it?

Not even close. I want to be his girlfriend again.

I'm sorry. I guess now wouldn't be the right time to tell you Cody is my boyfriend.

Oh my gosh! really? congrats.

Thanks. He just asked me out today.

That's cool. :)

Yeah, I'm really sorry about you and Corbin. I hope it works out.

Me too. I really miss him. And hope I didn't hurt him to much.

He's tough. He will forgive you don't worry okay?

Okay