But still... he couldn't help but wonder if he was right. It was like he said, he never asked to become an assassin, and that he was only doing it to protect someone he cared for the most, but was this truly the right way to do it? Was it worth the looks of fear on people's faces when he mentions his name? Those small trickles of blood pouring through mouths agape?

Hit looked despondent, his eyes watching his own feet struggle to make their next steps towards the future. He was so lost in his own thoughts that he didn't notice a shadow creeping towards him, crawling on the cracked stone pavement and leaving a dark trail in their wake. When they reached the assassin, they rose from the pavement, their two claws almost ready to grab him from where he was walking, but they were patient, and gave a small smile as they finally made their presence known.

"So you're the Legendary Assassin, Hit?" They asked with a wicked smile, forcing Hit's eyes to widen and turn around, only to find nothing.

Hit looked around, keeping his guard up as he yelled out into the deepest parts of the alley, "Show yourself!"

A low chuckle echoed through the empty streets, before the shadowy figure emerged in front of Hit, "Ooh... someone's feisty."

"Who are you?" Hit asked, not deterred by the being in front of him.

They chuckled, "Someone who wants to help you to save the person you love."

At that, he froze. How the hell did they know about this? Were... they watching him? Whatever the case, Hit understood that this shadow before him knew too much, though he decided to play along with what they had planned.

"What makes you think that you can negotiate with me?" He asked. The being began to swirl around him, their dark tendrils surrounding the assassin in wisps, although he heeded no mind to them.

"Don't you want to free her from a life of torment and misery? To free her from the life that you have witnessed?"

Hit looked down, knowing that was what he really wished for in life. He knew that this... thing was telling the truth, but he knew better than to trust someone so easily.

"That may be true. However... I doubt that you will be able to help me." The Legendary Assassin replied, soon regaining composure and walking forward, causing the wisps of shadow to return to their owner. The being trailed behind him with a sly grin as he played his cards just right.

"Perhaps." They continued, "But wouldn't you do absolutely anything to save your dear sister? Don't you wish to end your growing kill count? The death of others just to save one? Doesn't seem practical."

At that, Hit stopped in his tracks again, and a look of contemplation graced his features. He knew that there was something shifty going on with this being, having lived for over one thousand years allowed for plenty of experience with different people. However... it wasn't common for someone to know about his past or his close connections, and if there was any way for him to save his little sister... then he would take that chance.

After a few long seconds of thinking, the assassin soon gave in, turning back to the being with a solemn look on his face, "Fine... I'll play along, but if you do anything that makes me go against my morals, I will end our contract. Are we clear on this?"

"Very well... Hit." They grinned, "I assure you, your trust will not be misplaced."

Hit then gave a small yet fatigued sigh, knowing that he had stepped into a dangerous territory. But at this point, he was getting desperate. He needed to help her. He needed only a few more contracts before he could get her out of the hell she was in, but despite that he was too tired to continue... too weary to push onward. He wanted the killings to end, no matter how merciful they were.