Chapter 11 Tobias POV

HEY GUYS, SO I DECIDED TO KEEP GOING. I WAS THINKING- I'M NOT TELLING YOU MY NAME, SORRY, BUT INSTEAD OF CALLING ME 'FourTris underdash twenty eight', AN EIGHT SYLLABLE NAME, YOU CAN CALL ME 'STARBUCK' AFTER MY FAVOURITE CHARACTER IN A TV SHOW. ANYWAY, ON WITH THE CHAPTER!

-STARBUCK

-----------------

ONE WEEK LATER

Today is Tris's birthday. I am not really good at romantic stuff so I enlisted Uriah and Christina's help. I'm going to throw her a suprise party on the top of the Hancock building. Yes, we are going zip-lining. I am terrified, but I know Tris will appreciate it. They also helped me choose my gift for her. Uriah told me to get her flowers. Since she was Abnegation, and used to not having useless decorations, I don't think I'll get her flowers. Christina told me to get her shoes. I told her that Tris was not a very 'girly' girl and didn't really like fancy high-heels. She thinks flats are more comfortable, so she's perfectly happy with her converse. Uriah then suggested to get her chocolates. Bingo. She loves chocolate more than I do. And thats saying something. I also decided to get her a heart-shaped locket with a picture of us inside. I got an engraving done on the front. It just says 'I love you Tris' in beautiful cursive. I put pancakes, her favourite on the stove to cook and go into our room. Tris is still sleeping. I get the neklace and the chocolates out and wake her up.

"Happy birthday!!" I say.

"Aw! Thank you!! I actually didn't know it was my birthday. I forgot because we didn't have birthdays in Abnegation. How did you know?"

"I found your birth certificate. Now open my gifts."

"Sure!" Tris opens the box of chocolates first.

"Oh my god. I LOVE CHOCOLATE!!!!!" She says.

"I know." She opens the second box and smiles.

"It's beautiful, Tobias. Thank you."

"Open it." She open the locket. She then gets up and kisses me.

"You're welcome." I say. Tris turns around and I wrap the necklace around her neck and do it up.

"Get dressed. I'm taking you... somewhere." I tell her.

"Casual or fancy?" She asks.

"Do you even own any fancy clothes? Casual." She goes into the bathroom to get dressed. I go and check on the pancakes. I set places on the table and put a blood red rose in a little jar then put it in the centre of the table. Tris comes out dressed in a purple top with the shoulders cut out, black skinny jeans and, of course, her red converse. Her hair flows in soft waves down to her shoulders. She is beautiful. I'm already dressed in a blue polo shirt, black skinny jeans and purple converse.
"Hey handsome, what are you making?" She asks.
"Yes, I'm making pancakes."
"YAY!!! Chocolate and pancakes in one day!!" She sits down and I bring over the pancakes. I put three on Tris's plate and three on mine. I squirt maple syrup on my pancakes, while Tris spreads Nutella on hers. We talk and eat until we finish breakfast. And when we're done I put the plates in the dishwasher and grab the keys.
"Ready to go?" I ask.
"Where is it we're going?"
"You'll see." I say. I suddenly remember where it is we're going. To the top of a very, very, tall building. Oh crap. I take Tris's hand and we walk down to the car. When we get in, I pull out a blindfold.
"I'm going to have to ask you to put this on." I say. She obeys and we drive the the Hancock building. I lead Tris to the elevator and press the number 100. Oh crap, oh crap. The ride is shorter than I expect and before I know it, the elevator doors are sliding open. I give a nervous sigh before leading Tris out of the elevator. I invited everyone - Uriah, Marlene, Zeke, Shauna, Will, Tori, Lynn and Christina, of course.
"Ok." I take Tris's blindfold off.
"SURPRISE!!!" Everyone yells. I yell too, but all I can think about is how high up we are. I try to ignore it because we have a bit of time before we are going to possibly fall to our deaths from a great height, or go zip-lining.
"Aw!!! You guys!!" Tris says.
"Let's get this party started!!!!!" Uriah shouts. Tris comes up to me.
"Yes. I'm going to do it. Go on the zip-line." I say.
"Aw! You would do that for me? You're so sweet!!" She hugs me. God, I really am terrified, but I'm happy that she's happy. Uriah is the DJ. He turns the music on really loud. Tris and Christina and I go to get some food.
"Happy birthday Tris!! I'm so excited for you to open my present!!" Christina says.
"Aw, Chris you shouldn't have!" Tris replies.
"Nonsense! Everyone loves a good gift! It's your birthday! Be selfish for once!!" Says Christina.
Everyone is dancing around and talking. Tris, Christina, Will and I are dancing. Everyone comes up to hug Tris or wish her a happy birthday or something until it's time to open the presents. Uriah goes and turns the music down but not off. We walk over to the gift table and sit down.
"There are so many presents! Guys, you didn't have to do this." Tris says,
"Of course we didn't! If we did we probably wouldn't have done it. We wanted to." Zeke says. Tris picks up a present with perfectly wrapped purple wrapping paper and a neat red bow made with ribbon.
"Ooh! That one's mine!" Marlene says. Tris opens it and reveals an anklet. She smiles and wraps it around her ankle.
"Thank you so much Mar! I love it." Tris says. Next she picks one with black wrapping paper. It's a really odd shape. Tris rips it.
"No one ever tries to save the wrapping!!" Zeke says sarcastically. "That one's from Me and Uri."
"Uri and I." Will corrects. Tris tears the rest of wrapping paper off to reveal a paintball gun.
"Oh my god! This is awesome, guys. Thanks so much. But you do realise that now, I can shoot you whenever you annoy me!" She says.
"We're never annoying!!" Uriah pouts. She laughs and picks another one up.
"That's from me." Tori says. Tris opens it and takes out a stack of books. 'The Fault In Our Stars', 'The Hunger Games', and 'Harry Potter'.
"Thanks Tori!! I really love reading! I needed something else to read. I've heard all these books are really good! Thank you."
"You're welcome. Open the front cover of that one." Tori says and points to the one called 'The Fault in our Stars'. Tris opens the cover. It says: Dear Divergent, I know I've only known who for about a year, but you are like a little sister to me. You are not only brave, selfless and smart, like your aptitude test said, but you are honest and kind. Happy birthday, little divergent.
"Aw! Tori!! Thank you!!" Tris says and hugs Tori. She picks another present. Now there are only three left on the table.
"At least someone put their name on their gift." Tris says sarcastically. "This one's Will's." She tears the paper. It reveals a small card with writing on it. It's a handmade voucher. For the next 4 weeks, you may use this voucher as many times as you like, to make me do any dare you like.
"Ha. Thanks, Will, I think I'll have fun with this one!" Tris says. She picks up another. Only two left on the table.
"That one's Lynn." Shauna says. It's two boxes, wrapped separately, tied together with curling ribbon. Tris undos the ribbon and takes out the first box. I'm dying to see what Lynn came up with. I know she didn't really like Tris at first so I can't wait to see this. It is a...
5 cent coin.
Lynn starts laughing. "Ok, ok. That was a joke. Open the other one." Tris starts laughing too then opens the other box. It's a beautiful art set with a sketchbook, watercolour pencils, many different colour paints, and a set of led pencils.
"Oh my gosh Lynn, how did you know I love art?" Tris asks.
"I remember you mentioning it once." Lynn replies.
"It's so sweet that you remembered! I love it! Thank you."
"You're welcome and don't call me sweet."
"Last two!" Tris says. She then goes and picks out one of the two presents. Shauna and Christina. Only one left.
"That's Shauna." Zeke says.
Tris once again tears open the wrapping and sees another card.
"A gift voucher for free zip-lining for the rest of the recipient's life." Tris reads aloud. "Thanks Shauna!! This is awesome!! I'm so going to use this heaps of times!! And... Tobias?" She waves the card in front of my face and grins evilly.
"Only on special occasions!" I say. I really don't want to do it at all, but like I said, she's happy. "Last one!"
"Ooh! This is mine!! I can't wait for you to open it! Hurry up! Hurry up!" Christina says eagerly. Tris picks up a gift that is wrapped in purple and blue wrapping paper with black and purple curling ribbon.
"Ok, Chris. Ready?" Tris asks. She rips the paper from the sides and reveals a black suede box. She opens and sees it has a picture frame in it with a picture of her and Christina laughing because their faces are covered with dauntless cake. The frame says 'YOU'RE MY BEST FRIEND'. I think Tris is tearing up. There is also a smaller suede box with it. She lifts the lid and I see a gold chain bracelet that has 'We love you, Tris' engraved in beautiful cursive. That's when her tears spill over.
"Oh my god, Chris. They're beautiful. I love them!! I love them both so much!!" She says as she hugs Christina really tight, by the looks of it.
"Well thats all the presents. Ready to get the fun part started?!" Uriah says.
"Oh, finally! I mean, it's not like I've been having any fun at all." Tris says sarcastically. "Let's go!!!!!"
We line up. Christina got their first, then Uriah, Lynn, Will, Marlene, Tori, even Shauna can still go. After that, Tris and I are going together. Then Zeke, he's getting people into their harnesses. Christina stands on the edge of the building and jumps off. Oh my god. She goes flying. All I can think about it how scared I am. Just pretend it's a simulation. All of a sudden Tris takes my hand. We are now at the front of the line. Oh crap, oh crap, oh crap, crap, crap, crap, crap. Crap. I'm all set up in my harness with Tris. We're on the edge of the building. I make the mistake of looking down. Here we go. We push off. My stomach drops, very strong wind is pushing my cheeks back. I could fall to my death at ay moment. I scream, yell, thrash around. Then I look at Tris. She looks graceful, elegant. Like a bird. She is smiling and laughing and whooping. I don't know how she can be enjoying this. It feels like free falling. Then she does something with the cable holding us up. We fall. Into a net of arms. When my body hits the ground a lay down on my stomach, and hug the concrete.
"Oh sweet, sweet earth. Lovely, soil. Ground, I have taken you for granted. You don't know what you have until you miss it." Tris pulls me up and hugs me.
"Thank you. For doing that. It means a lot to me."
"No problem. I just don't understand why someone would do that for fun."
Once Zeke lands, we all drive home. Christina gives Tris one last 'happy birthday hug', and Tris and I go to bed. We all had pizza for dinner before we went zip-lining, which probably wasn't the smartest move, but it all worked out ok. We fall into bed, exhausted. I wrap my arm around Tris and drift off into a dream-filled sleep.
-------------
HEY!!
SO YES, I'M STILL GOING, I HAD TOO MANY IDEAS TO STOP!! I HOPE YOU LIKED MY CHAPTER, IT WAS LONG, I KNOW. I THOUGHT I MIGHT MAKE IT 2 VOTES OR COMMENTS= ANOTHER CHAPTER. SO PLEASE VOTE AND COMMENT! SO INCASE YOU DIDN'T SEE BEFORE BUT I DECIDED YOU CAN CALL ME STARBUCK, INSTEAD OF THE LONG EIGHT SYLLABLE NAME YOU NOW CALL ME, HAVE A NICE DAY,
-STARBUCK